Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Software Development Engineer II
at GM Financial
- Requisition ID
- Employee Type
- Full Time-Regular
- Information Technology
The GM Financial Digital API team plays a pivotal role in delivering personalized, targeted experiences that generate new and repeat customers for the General Motors brand. The Digital API team builds and operates the modern API suite that provides access to systems and services that power the GM mobile applications and Adobe web properties. As a software engineer on this team, you will have the opportunity to build the API suite and microservices that enable end users to apply for and service their loans. You will also actively participate in developing the automated test framework, test data management, and deployment pipeline for rapid and automated deployment of changes. We are looking for an individual that not only provides thought leadership and execution excellence in the areas of RESTful APIs and microservice architectures, but is well rounded in interests and experience to participate in all areas of software development, testing, and deployment. The successful candidate will demonstrate strong business acumen, strong communication skills, an ability to work effectively with cross functional teams, and an ability to work in a fast paced and ever-changing environment.
- The SDE II works under limited or no supervisory guidance and consistently delivers on commitments.
- The SDE II is expected to demonstrate excellence in the following software development activities performed by the Digital Agile Scrum teams:
- Developing RESTful API services and microservices for deployment on-premises or in the Azure public cloud.
- Create and maintain automated unit tests and acceptance test suites, and leverage peer reviews to increase product quality
- Participate in the evolution of our automated CI/CD pipeline for building, testing, and deploying software packages
- Maintain a production-first mindset focused on scale, uptime, and ability to rapidly triage/resolve production issues
- Invest in the Agile process to continuously improve product quality, time to market, and team member happiness
- Experience building and executing test automation scripts with tools such as CA XFramium, CA DevTest Service Virtualization, CA Test Data Manager, QuerySurge, Perfecto Mobile, Selenium.
- Experience with test data management, data quality validation, and query performance testing.
- Experience with source control systems (Git) and CI/CD pipeline toolsets (Jenkins, Azure DevOps, Octopus)
- Experience working in Agile Scrum teams
- Demonstrates software development excellence (software is high quality, modular, documented, clean, well-organized and easily maintainable)
- Troubleshoots complex problems and works across teams to meet commitments
- Drives adoption of best practices; cultivates innovation and learning
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and writing skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other engineering discipline, in related field or equivalent work experience; one additional year of experience is for each year of college not attained preferred
- 3-5 years experience in software development, developing automation scripts; strong knowledge of database and test data analysis required
- some travel required
- normal office environment
- Subject to daily service level requirements