Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr Administrative Assistant
at GM Financial
- Requisition ID
- Employee Type
- Full Time-Regular
Under general supervision, the Senior Administrative Assistant performs moderately complex tasks of a confidential nature for a vice president, senior vice president or executive vice president. This team member has contact with other departments, as well as senior management and high-level officers both internal and external to GM Financial.
- Prepare and distribute internal and external correspondence (including occasional dictation, meeting minutes, memos, updates to reports, preparation of documents for signature or notary etc.).
- Screen and route telephone calls while accurately recording and routing messages on a timely basis.
- Review and distribute incoming mail as well as collect and route all outgoing mail.
- Coordinate and order office supplies for the department.
- Schedule and coordinate appointments, meetings, travel arrangements and conference calls and other departmental activities.
- Maintain and update electronic calendars and task lists for management.
- Establish and maintain hard copy and/or electronic filing systems for departmental data, documents and other materials; assist with maintenance of board books and records.
- Assist in the preparation and distribution of professional quality documents, reports or presentations (including presentation materials for board of directors).
- Provide administrative support for the entire department as needed.
- Promote a positive, cooperative and professional attitude when dealing with other company departments, customers, dealerships and vendors.
- Prepare appropriate confidential communication and ensure the integrity of confidential information.
- Assist senior level management with completion of tasks, agendas and presentations.
OTHER IMPORTANT DUTIES:
- Research information as needed.
- Perform specialized administrative duties to support specific work unit as needed.
- Prepare expense reports as needed and assist in routing of payment invoices.
- When necessary, enlist and coordinate support from other company Administrative Assistants to meet short-term and immediate needs.
- Recommend and coordinate the use of temporary clerical assistance when appropriate.
- Ensure the completion of administrative and clerical requirements of company sponsored community investment projects.
Reports to: Senior Vice President
Direct Reports: None
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Access and Project. (The hiring department may desire various or more specific software programs.)
- Thorough understanding of corporate secretarial and general office procedures.
- Calls for business or technical vocabulary.
- Knowledge of GM Financial operations, organizational procedures and staff (if internal candidate).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with an ability to interact with senior management and high-level officers both internal and external to the company.
- Ability to operate various office equipment such as, but not limited to, fax machine, copy machine and scanner.
- Ability to learn various computer systems and processes related to time management, expenses, mail and shipping, and corporate governance.
- Advanced and accurate typing, 10-key and word processing skills, as well as basic math skills.
- Holder of Texas notary public license preferred.
- Ability to type 60+ WPM preferred.
- Superior grammar, spelling and proofreading skills are preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and make independent decisions within established guidelines relating to the performance of day-to-day duties.
- Ability to solve problems and meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work in a fast paced environment are required.
- Ability to work under moderate supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Four or more years’ experience performing moderately complex administrative duties with a high level of responsibility.
- Experience supporting senior level management in a corporate environment or law firm preferred.
- Completion of secretarial administration courses a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize Microsoft Office products required.
Normal office environment subject to stresses of daily deadlines.