Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr Talent Advisor
at GM Financial
- Requisition ID
- Employee Type
- Full Time-Regular
- Human Resources
The Sr Talent Advisor will be responsible for executing all aspects of the recruitment process including, but not limited to: employment advertising, coordinating with hiring managers to gain an understanding of departmental needs, sourcing and screening candidates, scheduling and performing interviews, reference checking, extending and negotiating offers, and coordinating new employee startups, reports and analysis. The emphasis of the Sr Talent Advisor will be that of exempt and officer level positions, but will assist all facets of recruitment as needs should arise.
- Collaborate with management to analyze and forecast staffing needs, locales and strategies.
- Consult with managers on offers, active recruitment searches, and local employment market conditions.
- Sourcing both active and passive job seekers via Internet, referrals, job fairs, cold calls, and social media and networking outlets.
- Pre-screen candidates to access qualifications and experience levels.
- Conduct and schedule candidate interviews with various hiring managers.
- Initiate hiring process to include: extending contingent verbal offers, arranging drug screens and background checks.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to other team members.
- Continual involvement and assistance with other team members, which include: open positions, facilitating interviews and fielding managers' calls in their absence.
- Participate in and develop special projects to enhance and improve the Recruiting department's functions.
- Make process improvement recommendations as needed. Provide reporting on status of positions, hires, sources and time to fill.
- Must have a complete understanding of the recruitment, pre-employment and post-employment process.
- Should have working knowledge of statutory regulations pertaining to recruiting, such as, but not limited to, anti-discrimination laws, pre-employment screenings, interview techniques/limitations, and special accommodations related to the position.
- Complete understanding of individual hiring managers expectations of the recruitment process to include: job requirements, desired job posting locations, salary structure, required managers to be involved in the interview process and the date the position is expected to be filled.
- Complete understanding of the GM Financial pre-employment process, policies and procedures, and benefits package is required.
- Ability to work independently and make sound decisions while meeting time sensitive deadlines.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills are required.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills are required.
- Must have the ability to work closely with others and meet sensitive deadlines. Must have the ability to work with all levels of individuals.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills are required to build and maintain relationships with managers at various levels.
- Should have the ability to interpret job descriptions as they relate to salary structures within the organization.
- High School Diploma required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 5-7 years experience as a recruiter, preferably with a strong background or training in high volume recruiting required