Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
VP Economic Risk and Residual Management
at GM Financial
- Requisition ID
- Employee Type
- Full Time-Regular
- Risk Management / Insurance
The VP Risk Economics is responsible for leading and managing the design, development, deployment and maintenance of data driven econometric models and reports. Additionally, the VP applies leadership and direction along with advanced quantitative skills to guide research activities in the production of research and analysis to quantify the impact of economic, legal and industry factors that affect asset performance. This research support strategic planning, as well as the specific needs of Pricing, Accounting, Investor Relations, Structured Finance, Dealer Services and Credit Risk Management. This position focuses on presenting results from econometric models and stress tests to senior leadership to make asset risk decisions. Additionally the VP is responsible for quantifying and summarizing asset trends to Senior Leadership that impact the portfolio and provide actionable insight for the organization.
- The VP is responsible for leading a quantitative team focused on the development and implementation of asset valuation modeling as well as reporting for internal clients and external clients.
- As leader of the Asset Analytics Department, the VP must provide effective organizational management and leadership. This includes but is not limited to a) the oversight of modeling processes and resource allocation, b) the development and implementation of procedures to ensure the Department provides a high level of professionalism and service, c) design, development and implementation of data analysis, models and econometric methods, d) coaching, mentoring and training direct reports to establish a consistent level of quality, accuracy, accountability, and compliance to standards and e) manage the recruitment, selection, and development of personnel f) leading by example by being an industry thought leader.
- The VP will maintain expert level knowledge of asset prices, market dynamics and technical knowledge to support research and analytic responsibilities.
- The VP will provide guidance in the application of quantitative principles, knowledge of third party data sources, creative econometric expertise in developing new models, and insights to upper management on the state of the market.
- The VP will ensure that the delivered products from his department meet the business needs of the company.
- The VP will effectively communicate asset risk analysis and implications to senior leadership.
Reports to: SVP and Chief Economist Economic Risk & Residual Management
Direct Reports: Yes
- Strong quantitative, analytical and data interpretation skills.
- Ability to identify and understand business issues and map these issues into quantitative questions
- Efficient modeling skills with very large datasets
- Proficiency in econometric or statistical experimental design, ability to design and implement model documentation and monitoring protocols, demonstrated understanding and experience with technical systems, rational datasets, data warehouses, data mining, and data analysis techniques
- Advanced knowledge of principles, standards, practices and techniques relating to econometric modeling for a financial firm
- Advanced knowledge of applied methodologies including least squares regression, logistic regression, sampling methodologies, time series, survival analysis, cluster analysis, categorical data analysis, decisions trees, multivariate methodologies, non-parametric techniques, principal components, and linear programming techniques.
- A solid understanding of used vehicle markets ad advanced skills in SAS,JMP, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Effective written and verbal presentation skills with an ability to communicate well with Senior Management
- Ability to interact collaboratively with internal customers and external vendors
- Capable of managing multiple and varied projects, including the ability to coordinate and balance numerous tasks in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, meeting deadline
- Demonstrated quantitative skills and ability to apply complex econometric principles.
- Master’s degree required in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics, Operations Research or similar quantitative field.
- Extensive experience presenting highly complex analysis to upper management is required
- In addition, 10+ years of experience in econometric modeling with 5+ years of residual modeling preferred.
GM Financial is the captive finance arm of General Motors, providing leasing and lending solutions to GM customers across the globe. As a VP you will be an officer in one of the most well-known automotive organizations in the world, with a global reputation for excellence. Not only will you enjoy the stability of working for an established industry-leading company, but our continued dynamic growth will also provide you with exceptional career development opportunities and genuine potential for advancement. In addition to a competitive salary and bonus structure we offer a comprehensive, affordable, and flexible benefits package, offering you peace of mind and the opportunity to invest in your future. Read more about our company at www.gmfinancial.com
Here is some of what we have to offer:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Health Savings Account and/or Flex Spending Account
- Life and Disability Insurance
- 401(K) with company match*
- Performance incentives (annual and deferred)*
- GM Company Vehicle Program (officers only)
- GM vehicle discounts for you and your family
- Generous paid time off (holidays, vacation, sick, personal, and floating holidays)
- Paid time off for volunteer work through GM Financial's Community Investment Program
- Learning and professional development programs
* future payouts are not guaranteed and are based on annual Board approval