Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Finance & Spend Management – Strategic Sourcing – Contingent Workforce Team – VP
at Goldman Sachs
- Job ID
- Schedule Type
- Full Time
- Vice President/Executive Director
- Business Unit
- Procurement Management Ops
- Employment Type
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Consisting of Corporate Services and Real Estate (CSRE) and the Office of Global Security (OGS), our teams drive productivity and enable the firm’s flow of business while ensuring its safety and security. CSRE acquires, develops and manages the firm’s global real estate portfolio and delivers innovative market development, document management and hospitality related services to internal partners in the firm. CSRE’s vision is to provide the world’s best workplace to the people of Goldman Sachs. OGS’s mission is to protect the firm's people, assets, and reputation and in doing so provides people protection, physical security, fire safety and crisis management. We look for achievement-oriented, creative individuals who perform at their best in a diverse team environment and are motivated by tangible results.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The technology Contingent Workforce Team:
The technology Contingent Workforce team (tCW) is part of the global Strategic Sourcing team charged with strategically and proactively managing the firm’s vendor spend. The tCW team is responsible for managing the full lifecycle of professional services, managed services and staff augmentation vendor relationships.
- Sets the buying strategy and policies for the technology contingent workforce
- Negotiates commercial arrangements with technology vendors, including master agreements, statements of work and rate cards
- Manages vendor escalations
- Ensures divisional adherence to the contingent workforce policies and timely resolution of policy exceptions, confirms the contingent worker records are up-to-date and accurate, and ensures that all contingent worker risks and incidents are identified, prioritized and managed. Reports notable contingent worker activities including risk profiles to leadership.
The team is responsible for tracking and reporting on strategic vendor management activities, spend and other trends impacting the firm and business units.
- Set channel buying strategy and policies for technology Contingent Workforce
- Negotiates rate cards, contracts and commercial terms with vendors in cooperation with Goldman Sachs Legal
- Manage the relationship and escalations with the firm’s top vendors
- Liaise across management, business and relationship managers, and vendors to identify and document vendor sensitivities, commercial and relationship opportunities
- Collaborate with various risk management partners, such as legal, finance, Information Security, compliance and others to ensure the firm’s vendor management policies and procedures are followed
- Run RFPs for new engagements
- Create financial analysis of pending transactions, including review of vendor proposal financial viability and total cost of ownership analysis
- Confirm budgetary approvals are obtained for all transactions
- Audit and take corrective actions for contingent worker data in the firm’s systems of record
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Operations, Management, related technical field or equivalent practical experience. MBA Preferred
- Combined 5-10 years’ experience working in strategy, consulting or professional services with a focus on technology strategy and business process improvement
- Experience working with a global team
- Experience with procuring contingent workers and managed services.
- Familiarity with professional services contract types and terms
- Previous sourcing or vendor management experience
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.