Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CIMD - Marcus by Goldman Sachs – Fraud Investigations - Analyst – Richardson, TX
at Goldman Sachs
- Job ID
- Schedule Type
- Full Time
- Consumer Banking
- Consumer and Investment Management Division
- Business Unit
- DigFin Project Bus Risk Fraud
- Employment Type
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Consumer and Investment Management (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
Consumer, externally known as Marcus by Goldman Sachs, is comprised of the firm’s digitally-led consumer businesses, which include our deposits and lending businesses, as well as our personal financial management app, Clarity Money. Consumer combines the strength and heritage of a 150-year-old financial institution with the agility and entrepreneurial spirit of a tech start-up. Through the use of machine learning and intuitive design, we provide customers with powerful tools that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity to help them make smarter decisions about their money.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
As a fraud analyst, you will be responsible for evaluating the circumstances of cases of suspected or confirmed fraud and making recommendations about future measures. You will be responsible for identification, development and investigation of consumer financial services fraud. You will analyze data for patterns and trends and make recommendations to improve policy and procedures.
- Gather, organize and analyze data as it pertains to case development through the use of analytical tracking and data management tool
- Review developing cases, identify and analyze points of compromise, and communicate potential risk to Fraud leadership
- Determine action required based on established procedures and work with supervisor to handle more complex cases
- Coordinate the investigation of any fraud issue with the appropriate fraud investigation unit as appropriate.
- Place appropriate hold on accounts deemed to have fraudulent activity. Track and document action taken in a timely and correct manner to provide a record of activity and meet audit and compliance requirements
- Communicate professionally with customers, merchants, financial institutions and other personnel to resolve system problems or request additional information and / or documentation to support a decision on whether fraudulent activity has occurred
- Manage significant caseload and utilize the company investigation system
- Open and prepare cases and follow all documented procedures to ensure proper cases detail is completed
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and fraud experience
- Ability to analyze data for patterns and trends and to take findings and communicate them in an effective manner
- Detailed-oriented and organized
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in financial services or related industries
- Ability to research and make appropriate decision regarding complex cases
- Ability to work some rotating weekends and holidays
- Proven track record of strong leadership skills, experience leading a team preferred
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.