Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
DBA - Middleware Engineering - Data Architecture
at Goldman Sachs
- Job ID
- Schedule Type
- Full Time
- Business Unit
- Data Architecture
- Employment Type
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Make data a strategic asset for the enterprise by providing a platform that enables the structuring, management, integration, control, discovery, usage, and governance of our Data Assets.
Middleware Engineering has transitioned from having many key man dependencies to having many technologies for which there is either no SME. This backfill is for a Database engineer able to work with application teams and DBMS vendor troubleshooting and advising on Sybase ASE, DB2 UDB, Postgres and Sybase IQ. Python coding skills a plus.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
Middleware Engineering covers a range of database products. The successful candidate will become familiar with all of these products and become proficient in several in order to drive the Application engagement, troubleshooting, automation and self-service strategy for operational support.
Database engineer will work with application teams and DBMS vendors on troubleshooting and advising on Sybase ASE, DB2 UDB, Postgres and Sybase IQ.
- Installation, configuration, upgrade and ongoing maintenance (including DR) of the environment Strategic engagement with application development teams to provide timely end-to-end delivery of appropriate platform solutions.
- Interface with application and development community to analyze and resolve escalations.
- Continually evaluate the operation of the environment and assist in optimizing the delivery of the products to clients
- Provide technical guidance on established infrastructure best practices to IT community and business.
- Partner with engineering teams to understand technology offerings and how they can be applied to solve business problems.
- Responsible for reduction in operational overhead by building automated / self-service tools using both scripting and high level programming languages
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Advanced database administration skills with Sybase ASE or DB2 UDB
- Advanced skills in troubleshooting, performance & tuning, DB modelling
- Experience in MongoDB/Oracle/SAP IQ is a big plus
- Strong communication - ability to articulate thoughts clearly and influence
- Working knowledge of scripting languages, ie Python, Perl, Shell
- Working knowledge of the Unix/Linux Operating systems
- Strong ability to work as part of a global team
- Python coding skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.