Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Operations - Business Architecture & Change Management - Change Delivery - Analyst - Dallas
at Goldman Sachs
- Job ID
- Schedule Type
- Full Time
- Business Unit
- Investing & Lending MO
- Employment Type
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Our Banking, Investing and Lending Change Management team is seeking a professional to deliver strategic projects to support the firm’s banking, investing and lending businesses. You will utilize and drive some of the latest business analysis, project management and data visualization tools while driving projects to completion on time, on budget, with quality, and high customer satisfaction.
Banking, Investing and Lending Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted organization that works with the firm’s banking and investing & lending businesses and Engineering teams to deliver banking, sales and trading and investing & lending capabilities to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control to preserve and enhance the firm’s assets and its reputation. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Banking, Investing & Lending Operations that develops the processes and controls that makes business flow.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Hone your strong negotiation and relationship skills as you bring Operations, Engineering and Business project sponsors and stakeholders to the table to build complex solutions while balancing competing priorities.
- Showcase your ability to be both practical and aspirational by scoping, defining and planning realistic but aggressive delivery expectations in conjunction with project stakeholders.
- Demonstrate your business acumen through expert requirements gathering sessions where you elicit actionable functional specifications that can build real life systems.
- Show that you have the ability to see the forest for the trees; understand strategic plans, business, process and architecture while you influence design and develop solutions.
- Demonstrate your precision and attention to detail during user acceptance testing and implementation, including building proactive risk mitigation practices into established guidelines.
- Be a champion for efficiency by partnering with Operations business units to streamline processes, mitigate risks, lower costs, reduce service issues and generate ideas for new frontiers of efficiency.
- Bachelors / Undergraduate Degree.
- Work experience in a business analysis / project management function supporting both business process and technology implementations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio and SharePoint.
- 2+ years of professional experience with project / change management experience in business process and technology implementations
- Highly collaborative, team-oriented and strong consensus builder
- Ability to engage with and influence stakeholders outside their direct control
- Comfortable leading project working groups and possesses strong facilitation and data gathering skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and oral; confident in interaction with senior stakeholders
- Strategic thinker with strong business analysis and planning skills. Capable of identifying and interpreting wider-ranging issues: ‘Big picture’ understanding. Provide creative & innovative solutions. Ability to formulate the implications of a specific solution across processes, e.g. costs, risk, service
- Have a proven track record of scoping and driving delivery of projects and achieving results independently, on time and to budget including:
- Strong analytical skills including process analysis. Very strong interest in the underlying detail of the analysis is a must
- Excellent project management skills including project scope definition; project issues, challenges, risks definition; status reporting; test strategy definition and User Acceptance Test execution
- Great organization skills - ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize accordingly and make decisions
- Attention to detail and ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure and to provide practical solutions
- Demonstrate understanding of Operations processes and procedures and an ability to learn quickly. Knowledge of products and processes related to the financial services industry would be an advantage, as is related experience in technology strategy or in a client service or business function and / or management consulting
- Knowledge of Business Process Modeling (BPM) and data visualization tools like Tableau or Alteryx would be a plus
- Agile experience preferred
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.