Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at GOLD'S GYM
- Job ID
- Gold's Holding Corp
- Job Region
The Accountant position is responsible for preparing and maintaining company accounting records. He or she will also examine, analyze and interpret accounting records for the purpose of giving advice or preparing statements.
- Develops Excel models used in reconciliation process.
- Prepare accurate, timely financial statements in accordance with our established schedule and with input from the rest of the accounting department
- Analyze financial statements for discrepancies and other issues that should be brought to management’s attention
- Conduct monthly and quarterly account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance
- Monthly account reconciliations
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Works closely with personnel in other departments to ensure compliance with accounting policies and procedures.
- Prepares various financial reports including cash variance analyses and makes recommendations to management.
- Review income statements and balance sheet accounts at month-end, research variances and resolve issues as part of the monthly General Ledger close process.
- Recommends methods and procedures to improve the functioning of the accounting area.
- Ensure all recorded transactions are in accordance with GAAP or other required accounting standard.
- Adhoc reporting and analysis will be required as needed.
- Corporate and Sales Tax experience is a plus.
- Must be detail oriented and organized.
• Strong Excel skills, including pivot tables and formulas, are essential.
• Great Plains experience a plus.
• Works well independently and has strong problem-solving skills.
• Ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice.
• Ability to communicate effectively with internal peers.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent work experience.
• Has strong analytical skills and sound judgment skills.