Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Transportation Op's Analyst (Roanoke, TX)
Grainger is a broad line, business-to-business distributor of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies and other related products and services. More than 3.2 million businesses and institutions worldwide rely on Grainger for products such as safety gloves, ladders, motors and janitorial supplies, along with services like inventory management and technical support. These customers represent a broad collection of industries including commercial, government, healthcare and manufacturing. They place orders online, on mobile devices, through sales representatives, over the phone and at local branches. Approximately 5,000 suppliers provide Grainger with more than 1.6 million products stocked in Grainger’s distribution centers and branches worldwide.
- Develop, analyze, recommend and lead implementation of opportunities for improvement that optimize supply chain processes around transportation cost and service.
- Monitor key transportation metrics and develop actions plans when necessary.
- Execute all components related to Carrier Management. Including but not limited to:
- Host monthly scorecard and one off feedback conversations with transportation providers with the ability to interpret the score and performance verbally and in writing.
- Compile and articulate a plan to improve performance and execute the plan.
- Establish, update and publish standard work (Master Operating Plan) by carrier/DC.
- Assists DC in resolving recurring carrier issues that are impacting DC operations.
- Root cause analysis and communication of large scale failures
- RFP compliance review.
- Identification of transportation failures and timely communication to transportation management.
- Work closely with cross functional partners to ensure proper alignment in communicating with carriers and other internal partners (DC, Customer Service, Sales, etc.).
- Develop and implement custom transportation solutions for customers
- Understand and analyze service impact of weather including transportation efforts supporting emergency response.
- Monitor the service levels for branch replenishment transportation lanes.
- Maintain and measure previously implemented projects/processes.
- Serve as a go to person for understanding and assisting in on-boarding of the new team members.
BA/BS or equivalent preferred.
- Experience in transportation or transportation facing role(i.e. DC, branches, etc)
- Intermediate software skills such as Excel, Powerpoint, and SAP EWM(highly preferred).
- Understanding of transportation and DC process and comfortable on the DC floor and in carrier facilities.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in:
- Working understanding of the supply chain tradeoffs between transportation and inventory costs and availability
- Analyzing data, developing a recommended course of action, implementing a successful solution, and monitoring results. Leading team efforts on a specific assignment in an indirect reporting capacity.
- Working through challenging issues in a constructive manner
- Excellent written, verbal, and electronic communication skills.
- Ability to communicate and influence local DC leadership as well as global supply chain leadership (VP level).
- Has proven relationship building skills and handles conflict gracefully
- Project management experience
- Ability to work independently and drive progress autonomously
- Ability to approach business issues at various levels (tactical/strategic)
- Tenacity to accept and drive changes in an evolving network and amidst changing customer behavior
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Are you up to the challenge of working for an industry leader? It doesn’t matter who you are or where you come from - Grainger values your potential to learn, thrive and make a difference on a global scale. Grainger is committed to building safe and productive communities and environments—especially where our team members and customers live and work. Discover how we can help you drive costs out of the tough job of managing your facility.
At Grainger you’ll find all the right tools to build your career. Enjoy the stability of an established industry leader, without sacrificing the chance to learn, grow, advance, and make a difference. We offer an exciting and challenging environment that encourages independent thinking, problem-solving, and growth.
At Grainger, your career path is important. We work hard to foster an exciting and challenging environment that encourages independent thinking, problem solving and growth. We offer a complete career path geared towards your success.
Join the Grainger Talent Network today and check out our current opportunities!
What is a Talent Network?
Talent Networks will enhance your job search and application process. Whether you choose to apply or just leave your information, we look forward to staying connected with you.