Granbury Independent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
AVID Tutor AMS/GMS
at Granbury Independent School District
***Granbury ISD requires references from former employers, college professors, supervisors, etc and will not accept references from friends or family members.***
The ability to guide students toward academic and personal excellence that will reach far beyond their high school year. AVID tutors are an active participant in the learning, growth, and personal development of students.
College student with a minimum of 2.75 GPA
Strong math and/or English background
A desire to make a difference in the lives of students
Previous AVID student preferred but not required
Currently enrolled in EDUC 3320 is preferred, but not required
Effective interpersonal skills and willingness to work collaboratively with the instructional support team
Effective coaching, problem solving and conferencing skills
Demonstrated commitment to growth and learning
Demonstrated effectiveness as a role model
Demonstrated use of best teaching practices
A commitment to work with students Tuesdays and Thursdays
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Serve as a role model/mentor for AVID students
- Collaborates regularly with AVID coordinator and teacher(s) of assigned students
- Facilitate the tutorial learning process and implement AVID methodologies
- Determine from student tutorial worksheets, notes, and discussions the concepts that need to be the focus of tutorial sessions
- Allow student to assume the responsibility for their own active learning while guiding them with strategies that build independence
- Assist students in any subject area by being familiar with students’ materials and AVID classroom resources
- Evaluate student binders including calendars, notes, and learning logs
- Assist in teaching and reinforcing study skills and other aspects of college preparation
- Serve as a guide of students’ learning through questioning, writing, thinking, and discussing.
- Set an example of excellence and high expectations for AVID students to follow
- Maintain a professional relationship with all staff members
- Use effective communication skills to present information accurately and clearly.
Professional Growth and Development
- Participate in professional development activities as required by the district and AVID.
- Be enrolled in a college or university or have a college degree. Attendance is mandatory at scheduled program training and meetings. No previous tutoring experience is required.
Mental Demands/Physical/Environmental Factors:
Maintain emotional control under stress.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.
Job Contact Information
Tuesday, June 11, 2019 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)