Granbury Independent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Granbury Independent School District
***Granbury ISD requires three references from former employers, college professors, supervisors, etc. with at least a minimum of two references being from previous supervisors. Granbury ISD will not accept references from friends or family members.***
Assist the teacher in the preparation and management of classroom activities and administrative requirements. Work under the supervision of a certified teacher.
High School Diploma or GED
Ability to work well with children
Knowledge of general office equipment
Some experience working with children
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Uphold and enforce school rules, administrative regulations, and state and local board policy
- Assist the teacher in preparing instructional materials and classroom displays.
- Work with individual students or small groups to conduct instructional exercises assigned by the teacher.
- Assist with administration and scoring of objective testing instruments or work assignments.
- Assist in supervising students throughout the school day, both inside and outside the classroom.
- Keep the teacher informed of any special needs or problems of individual students.
- Assist in maintaining a neat and orderly classroom.
- Assist in inventory, care and maintenance of equipment.
- Assist the teacher in keeping administrative records and preparing required reports.
- Participate in staff development training programs, faculty meetings, and special events, as needed.
- Provide orientation and assistance to substitute teachers.
- Exemplify high standards of ethical conduct as described in board policy.
- Observe professional and ethical standards, in accordance with generally accepted community standards and the Professional Educators Code of Ethics.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Use copier, typewriter, and audiovisual equipment
Reading; ability to communicate effectively (verbal); maintain emotional control under stress
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Moderate standing, stooping, bending and lifting
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills that may be required.
Medical Insurance - TRS ActiveCare/Aetna
Supplemental Voluntary Health & Life Insurance Products
District Paid $25,000 Life Insurance
State Personal Leave Days
Local Sick Leave Days
Texas Teachers Retirement System
Job Contact Information
Wednesday, June 19, 2019 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)