Granbury Independent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
On-Call Bus Attendant (Special Education)
at Granbury Independent School District
***GRANBURY ISD requires three references from former employers, college professors, supervisors, etc. with at least a minimum of two references being from previous supervisors. Granbury ISD will not accept references from friends or family members.***
Ride buses and help driver ensure safe and orderly transportation of students with disabilities.
High School Diploma or GED
Certification in CPR (Beginning School Year 2011-2012)
Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
Ability to operate safety equipment and adaptive equipment
Ability to work well with children with disabilities
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Lift and carry students with disabilities on and off the bus according to their individual needs.
2. Supervise students as they board bus, leave bus and cross street.
3. Learn and adapt to each student’s special medical, physical, communicative and emotional needs.
4. Manage student behavior and report student discipline problems to appropriate administrator.
5. Communicate with teachers and parents on a daily basis regarding student behavior while on the bus.
6. Become familiar with all routes to and from school campus to be of assistance to driver.
7. Maintain and update route schedule.
8. Supervise use of seat belts, harness or car seats by students.
9. Follow emergency procedures and help driver administer first aid, if necessary.
10. Operate equipment according to established safety procedures.
11. Follow established procedures and techniques to perform job duties including lifting, assisting students, etc.
12. Become familiar with and follow procedures established by transportation and special education offices.
13. Help driver keep bus clean.
14. Work irregular hours as needed.
15. Work as a team with the driver to safely and effectively transport special education students.
Wheelchair lifts, ramps, locks and special needs adaptive equipment
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Maintain emotional control under stress. Frequent walking, stooping, bending, kneeling, pushing and pulling; moderate lifting and carrying. Work outside and inside; work around vehicles and machinery with moving parts; moderate exposure to extreme temperatures and vehicle fumes.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.
Medical Insurance: TRS ActiveCare/Aetna
Supplemental Voluntary Health & Life Insurance Products
District Paid $25,000 Life Insurance
State Personal Leave Days
Texas Teachers Retirement System
Job Contact Information
Friday, May 12, 2017 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)