GRIFOLS USA , LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Contract Physician - Center Medical & Lab Director
at GRIFOLS USA , LLC
Grifols is a global healthcare company whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of people. Our three divisions – Bioscience, Diagnostic and Hospital – develop, produce and market our innovative products and services to medical professionals in more than 100 countries.
We are committed to fostering an environment that creates continuous learning opportunities and encourages professional development and growth. As a company devoted to improving the health and well-being of people, we are looking for talented professionals worldwide. Make a difference and join us in this challenging and rewarding enterprise.
Job Title: Center Medical and Laboratory Director
The Center Medical and Laboratory Director works under the supervision of the Division Medical Director, for professional competency matters, and the Center Management, for administrative matters. It is his/her responsibility to follow and be compliant with the guidelines and regulations of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the company’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), and all applicable regulatory agencies to ensure proper donor assessment in regards to their suitability as a plasma donor and product integrity.
Primary responsibilities for role:
- Serves as recognized Center Medical and Laboratory Director for all verbal and/or written correspondence to state Department(s) of Health and other regulatory agencies related to their assigned donor center(s), as required.
- ?Promote customer satisfaction through appropriate interaction and responsiveness to customer needs.
- ?Observe and confirm compliance of the Center’s medical and laboratory procedures as they affect the safety of the donors and the final product; and provide feedback to Facility Management Team.
- ?Selection of suitable plasmapheresis donors by performing physical examinations and taking medical and social histories on all donors, and through the use of the company’s FDA approved Standard Operating Procedure manual, current State and Federal guidelines, OSHA, CLIA, cGMP, pertinent sections of the CFR, all internal company procedures as well as personal education and experience.
- ?Timely review of accumulated data to confirm established donor suitability, donor safety and product safety.
- ?Oversee and assist in the certification, training and performance of the center medical staff and center physicians (as applicable) as it pertains to the donor assessment and to compliance with the Company’s standard operating procedures (SOP).
- ?Provide additional necessary training, re-certification and corrective actions for the center’s Medical Staff.
- ?Provide guidance and certification of the center’s medical staff regarding: a) the appropriate and confidential counseling to individuals with unacceptable test results, and b) the appropriate level of care during unusual or severe donor reactions.
- ?Provide appropriate and confidential counseling to unacceptable individuals and to individuals with abnormal test results.
- ?Provide appropriate level of care during unusual or severe donor reactions.
- ?Management, training, administration and/or supervision of all approved donor immunization programs, if available at the center, according to established protocol.
- ?Recommend changes and improvements to Standard Operating Procedures.
- ?Assist with management and administration of donor counseling, testing, and follow up of employee exposure to blood or plasma.
- ?Assist or manage the employee immunization program.
- ?Learn, understand and be independent working with the Donor Management System (DMS) as it relates to the duties and responsibilities of this position.
- ?Participate and collaborate with center’s CLIA, Safety, Quality meetings and other meetings as necessary.
- ?Provide education sessions to the medical staff according to the Company’s standard operating procedures (SOP).
- ?Review and approve the CLIA-defined moderate complexity test procedures, as required.
- ?Act as Technical and Clinical Consultant for all CLIA regulated testing in compliance with the responsibilities outlined in 42 CFR, Part 493, Laboratory Requirements, Subpart M, Sections 493.1413 and 493.1419, Standards; Technical Consultant and Clinical Consultant responsibilities.
- Complete the CLIA competency assessment for all employees who perform CLIA designated moderate complexity tests according to regulatory guidelines.
- ?Review the QA reports for timely and appropriate actions on moderate complexity procedures for test problems.
- ?Review results of moderate complexity tests and proficiency testing by the plasma center staff as required.
- ?As requested, provide a copy of the current medical license, curriculum Vitae, diplomas, and other documents to fulfill State, Federal and company requirements.
- ?Meet monthly with the Division Medical Director.
- ?Other duties as assigned.
To qualify for the Center Medical and Laboratory Director role, you must meet the following job requirements:
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (D.O.)
- Current, unrestricted license in the state in which the center operates.
- Maintain current CPR certification.
- Evidence of fulfillment of CLIA requirements as Director of a Laboratory of Moderate Complexity by either evidence of completion of specialty training in Pathology or Hematology or certification of completion of 20 hours of Medical Education Course in Laboratory Practice. Required to fulfill after hired.
- ?Must have legible handwriting.
- ?Ability to read and write the English Language.
- ?Must be able to use a PC.
Grifols will provide paid training for the position. Prior experience is not required.
The position requires four (4) hours every calendar week during the center business hours. This is an excellent opportunity for primary care physicians, and other specialties, who are working 4.5 days/week or less in a clinical setting and would like to expand their experience and compensation.
THE PHYSICIAN MUST LIVE NEAR THE AREA -- NO MORE THAN A 40 MILE COMMUTE FROM THE PLASMA DONOR CENTER LOCATED AT: 2580 Gus Thomasson Rd, Dallas, TX 75228.
- Manual dexterity to perform all technical duties within scope of center operations.
- ?Ability to stand for extended periods of time – up to four (4) hours at a time.
- ?Ability to lift, tug, pull up to twenty (20) pounds.
- Ability to view video display terminal less than 18’’ away from face – up to four (4) hours a time.
- ?Ability to articulate clearly.
- ?Ability to travel via automobile and/or airplane as needed.
GRIFOLS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans
“We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for our donors/customers.”
#CB2019, #BiomatUSA #GrifolsJobs
Address: 2580 Gus Thomasson Rd, Dallas, TX 75228
Contact: Dr. Mark A. Becker, Corporate Medical Director - (402) 310-4532 [Click Here To Join]
- Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/grifolsplasma1940/
- Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/grifols/
To find more physician jobs with Grifols: https://grifols.jobs
Across three major divisions – Bioscience, Diagnostic, and Hospital – Grifols is a leading healthcare company with a global reach that extends to more than 100 countries. Our innovative products and services focus on life-saving protein therapies for patients around the world. As our company continues to grow, we are searching for capable, compassionate individuals who are ready to thrive in an environment that challenges their skills and rewards their performance.
Here at Grifols, we believe that it takes more than a solid paycheck to recruit and retain a stellar staff. As a result, we’re committed to creating a culture that fosters diversity and supports the goals of each and every valued member of our team. As a Grifols associate, you’ll enjoy highly competitive compensation and a comprehensive total rewards package that offers medical, dental, life, and disability insurance, as well as a strong 401(k) retirement savings plan.
What is a Talent Network?
Talent Networks enhance your job search and application process. Whether you choose to apply or just leave your information, we look forward to staying connected with you.