Hertz Equipment Rental Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Utility Mechanic (Flat Rate) $250 Tool Reimbursement
at Hertz Equipment Rental Corporation
- Job ID
- # Positions
- RAC Operations
- Position Type
- Regular Full Time
If you're looking for the benefits of joining an industry leader, with a high-charged, energy-filled environment, then you can stop looking, because you have found what you're looking for in the Utility Mechanic position at our Hertz Rent-A-Car location. Bring your energy, drive, and motivation to Hertz, and set your goals on cruise control! The Hertz Corporation, a world leader in the car rental industry, currently seeks energetic team players to join our team
Duties include changing oil, mount and balance tires, tire rotations, 13-point inspections, and Pre-Delivery and Texas State Inspections. Must be a quick learner, and have some auto mechanical knowledge. Applicants must have an assortment of tools, oil filter wrenches, socket set, and a toolbox to keep them in; however . Must be able to work flexible shifts including weekends and holidays.
- The primary purpose of the Utility Mechanic is to perform general preventative maintenance checks on all Hertz fleet vehicles.
- Responsible for oil/lube/tire changes, 13 point inspections, Pre-Delivery and Texas State Inspections.
- Responsible for creation/processing of shop repair orders.
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate notes in work orders.
- Properly time stamp documents as required.
- Follow all company service and safety policies and procedures.
- Must own/use your own tools. $250 Tool Reimbursement available.
High School Diploma required, technical training or certificate preferred
- Knowledge of tires specifications, oil filters, brake specification, minimal drive drain, and basic functions of items on a multipoint inspection.
- Ability to use computer-based work order documentation system.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced work environment.
- Prior experience doing light automotive mechanics in a shop is preferred
- Ability to work with common hand tools is required.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time with continuous bending and twisting
- Must be available to work scheduled hours depending on the needs of the branch
- Valid Driver's License with clean motor vehicle record
- Periodic MVR checks will be performed if hired
Hertz is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or domestic partnership status, disability, protected veteran status or military status, genetic information, or any other category protected under applicable law. Hertz is committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the employment and advancement of minorities, women, persons with disabilities and protected veterans.