HIGHLAND CAPITAL MANAGEMENT, L.P.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director, Special Situations
at HIGHLAND CAPITAL MANAGEMENT, L.P.
# of Openings:
Highland Capital Management, L.P. is a multibillion-dollar global alternative investment manager. Founded in 1993 by Jim Dondero and Mark Okada, Highland operates across a variety of asset classes and structures within the alternative landscape including hedge funds, separate accounts, distressed and special situations private equity, collateralized loan obligations (CLOs), mutual funds, and ETFs. The firm’s diversified client base includes public pension plans, foundations, endowments, corporations, financial institutions, fund of funds, governments, and high net-worth individuals. Highland is headquartered in Dallas, Texas and maintains offices in New York, São Paulo, Buenos Aires, Singapore, and Seoul.
Highland is seeking a top-performing professional to drive sourcing and execution of special situations and distressed credit investments. The Director will be a leader in all aspects of managing the firm’s special situations efforts. The role will work with the firm’s senior most executives to grow this area of our business. Please apply only if you already live in, or are interested in relocating to Dallas.
- Source, evaluate, and execute special situation and distressed credit investment opportunities
- Lead development of financial models and associated due diligence on potential investments
- Assist with ongoing management of the investments
- Perform valuation analysis, comparative company analysis, and industry research
- BBA/BS required from a highly rated academic institution
- JD and MBA from top tier school preferred
- Professional certifications (CFA, CPA, etc.) are strongly desired
- 10+ years prior experience with special situations, distressed credits, and/or restructurings
- Strong network in the special sits/distressed space to facilitate robust deal flow
- Superior understanding of securities analysis, valuation and other investment management methodologies
- Excellent research and decision making skills
- Superior communication skills and ideally experience with investor presentations
- Strong organizational skills with ability to work independently and multi-task in a complex, fast-paced, and deadline-driven environment
Compensation & Benefits
Highland is conveniently located in Uptown Dallas in the iconic Crescent building - the heart of the Dallas financial district. Highland offers a competitive base salary and bonus based on experience and performance. Highland offers a generous benefits package that includes an industry leading health insurance plan with no employee premiums or deductibles and a 401(k) plan with employer match. Highland’s talented professionals share a passion for excellence, commitment to teamwork, and pride based on the firm’s track record in the alternative investment industry. Highland is an Equal Opportunity Employer.