HIGHLAND CAPITAL MANAGEMENT, L.P.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Private Equity Associate, Healthcare
at HIGHLAND CAPITAL MANAGEMENT, L.P.
# of Openings:
Highland Capital Management, L.P. is a multibillion-dollar global alternative investment manager. Founded in 1993 by Jim Dondero and Mark Okada, Highland operates across a variety of asset classes and structures within the alternative landscape including hedge funds, separate accounts, distressed and special situations private equity, collateralized loan obligations (CLOs), mutual funds, and ETFs. The firm’s diversified client base includes public pension plans, foundations, endowments, corporations, financial institutions, fund of funds, governments, and high net-worth individuals. Highland is headquartered in Dallas, Texas and maintains offices in New York, São Paulo, Buenos Aires, Singapore, and Seoul.
Highland is seeking a bright, hard-working associate that will work closely with the healthcare investment team on due diligence, analytics and executing investment opportunities. This is an opportunity for an extraordinary performer who demonstrates excellent analytical and research skills through personal investing, academic work, professional experience, or personal investing.
- Conduct research on healthcare companies and sub-industries
- Perform all pertinent financial analyses, including LBOs, comparables, and precedent transactions
- Prepare due diligence packs for the investment team, providing relevant, informative materials
- Conduct interviews with industry experts
- Prepare written summaries and presentation materials for the investment team
- Build detailed operating models on prospective deals
- Draft investment memorandum and marketing materials for the investment team
- Minimum 2 years of Investment Banking or Private Equity related experience
- Healthcare experience preferred
- Solid modeling skills, strong analytical and financial acumen
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written
- Presentation skills – able to deliver compelling and concise presentations
- Strong work ethic and self-motivated
- Resourcefulness and thoroughness in conducting financial analytics
- Dealing sourcing and project management skills
Compensation & Benefits:
Highland offers a competitive base salary and bonus based on experience and performance. Highland offers a generous benefits package that includes an industry leading health insurance plan with no employee premiums or deductibles and a 401(k) plan with employer match. Highland’s talented professionals share a passion for excellence, commitment to teamwork, and pride based on the firm’s track record in the alternative investment industry. Highland is an Equal Opportunity Employer.