Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Quality Assurance Technician
at Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas, Inc.
HitachiHigh Technologies AMERICA, Inc.
POSITION TITLE: QualityAssurance Technician
DEPARTMENT NAME: QualityAssurance Department, HTA-SED
REPORTING TOTITLE: Director of ProductSupport & Quality
Operate a Zeiss coordinate measuring machine (CMM)using Calypso software. Perform manual,visual, and microscope inspection of incoming products and materials. Documentinspection findings. Perform analysis ofreturned parts and communicate findings to other functional areas. Work withina multi-cultural and cross-functional team environment to provide partsinspection support and supplier feedback.
- Inspect incoming andoutgoing materials, and generate inspection reports.
- Operate a Zeiss CMM,evaluate results, and disposition parts accordingly.
- Provide supplierfeedback on parts quality.
- Inspect and analyzereturned materials, and work closely with the Returned Material Authorization(RMA) team to determine the status and disposition of materials.
- Prepare data forsupplier and customer audits as well as for internal purposes.
- Publish reports usingWord, Excel, PowerPoint; incorporating photos and other graphical files.
- Develop, improve, andmaintain work procedures.
- Support the ISO-9001based Quality Management System as needed.
- Perform supplieraudits and publish audit results as requested.
- Associate Degree inan engineering discipline, e.g. Mechanical, Electrical, Civil, Electronics, andChemical, etc. (OR)
- Equivalentcombination of education and work experience.
- American Society forQuality (ASQ) Certified Quality Technician (CQT) (preferred)
- 2 years in QualityAssurance field.
- 1 years inmanufacturing (preferred).
- 1 years insemiconductor industry (preferred).
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
- CMM operationexperience with knowledge of Calypso software operations.
- Hands on knowledge inusing common metrology tools such as calipers, micrometers, electrical meters,etc.
- Understand geometricdimensioning and tolerancing.
- Possesses a basicunderstanding of Statistical Process Control (SPC).
- First-year college-levelmath skills in Algebra and Trigonometry.
- Proficiency ingeneral computer skills and Microsoft Office applications such as Words, Excel,PowerPoint, etc.
- Able to readengineering drawings.
- Basic mechanicalskills.
- Able to produce clearand meaningful reports and presentations.
- Able to communicateeffectively with others.
- Able to traveldomestically and internationally (10-15%).
- Able to work forextended periods wearing cleanroom garments including hood, face mask,cleanroom suit, safety glasses, etc.
- Able to safely liftand handle 40 lbs.
- Able to climb ladderssafely.
- A team player, ableto work with people in a diverse culture.
- Proficiency in CADsoftware such as Creo or AutoCAD (preferred)
- EqualOpportunity Employer:
- EOE- Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities