HKS Architects, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Quality Assurance Analyst
at HKS Architects, Inc.
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Information Technology (IT)
HKS is a team of more than 1,400 architects, interior designers, urban designers, scientists, artists, anthropologists and other professionals working together across industries and across the globe to create places that delight, heal and stimulate peak performance. We have nurtured a culture of extraordinary people with curious and creative minds who are passionate about delivering elegant solutions that solve our clients’ challenges. Our research teams dig deep to discover processes and ideas that improve outcomes--then they share them freely for everyone’s benefit. In all we do, we are mindful of the fragility of all life and of the planet.
The Quality Assurance Analyst is responsible for working with the development, data and business systems teams to confirm that HKS business applications are being built to specifications and function without errors. The ideal candidate for this position is one that has experience working in an application development environment, along with the ability to communicate effectively and engage with a positive attitude. Individuals who prioritize lifelong learning do well on our team.
- Work with Application Development, Data Warehouse and Business Systems teams to test, document, maintain and enhance custom-developed applications, support third-party applications and ensure high quality data
- Create thorough and comprehensive test plans and document outcomes against the plan
- Coordinate with team members to review errors and inconsistencies in HKS systems
- Review requirements and use cases to confirm that functionality matches expectations
- Think like a user and how they would interact with applications to find possible points of error
- Verify a consistent user interface look and feel across all internally-developed applications
- Become a product expert that can quickly identify critical points of failure
- Perform design and functionality reviews and help maintain performance and application responsiveness
- Use problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Operate within a cross-functional team leveraging agile practices
- Be willing to perform a wide variety of quality assurance related tasks
- Maintain a high level of customer service through good communication and interact effectively with all levels of management, technical and non-technical users
- Bring a positive, results-oriented attitude to a team
- Ability to convey errors discovered during testing against requirements given by the business
- Must demonstrate attention to detail
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office product suite with basic knowledge of SQL Server, Visual Studio and Git
- Knowledge of full software development lifecycle with a focus on documentation and quality assurance processes
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited program and/or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Prior experience in an agile environment is highly desired
HKS is an EEO/AA Employer: M/F/Disabled/Veteran