Hospital Corporation of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Health Unit Coordinator - Day Surgery (PRN)
at Hospital Corporation of America
Job Status: On Call
Job Reference #: 00073-107223
Categories: Administrative/Clerical, Healthcare - Admin/Office/Records/Finance, Healthcare - Medical & Dental Practitioners
HEALTH UNIT COORDINATOR - DAY SURGERY
(Work Schedule: PRN)
Under the supervision of the director/manager or designee, the Health Unit Coordinator (HUC) will perform secretarial, clerical, and non-professional basic nursing functions as assigned in a manner consistent with the mission and goals of the organization.
Essential Job Functions:
- Promotes effective and efficient operation of the nursing unit.
- Assumes responsibility and accountability for the patient record. Facilitates accurate order entry and transcription of physician orders in a timely manner.
- Accepts responsibility and accountability for input of chargeable services.
Medical City Fort Worth is a 320 bed MAGNET Designated hospital located in the heart of Fort Worth, Texas. Medical City Fort Worth serves as a tertiary referral center for Tarrant County and numerous counties within a 90-mile radius. Medical City Fort Worth has an Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI, and an Accredited Comprehensive Stroke program.
Established in 1974, Medical City Fort Worth is part of Medical City Healthcare, one of the region's largest, most comprehensive health care providers.
- Offering comprehensive diagnostic and treatment services, including cardiac care, neuroscience, oncology, orthopedics, kidney transplant surgery, and emergency care
- Accredited by The Joint Commission
- Our greatest honor doesn't come just from awards. It comes from helping people live happier, healthier lives through cutting-edge diagnostic treatment and exceptional patient care.
Education and Training Experience Required:
- High school diploma and/or GED.
- BCLS certification upon hire
- throughiation; preferred.