Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Accounting Specialist - Fort Worth
at Interstate Restoration
- Fort Worth, TX, USA
- Full Time
Interstate Restoration is a national emergency response restoration and general contractor specializing in the return of compromised property to their pre-loss condition. We work with our clients to restore their properties. Our team restores commercial, multifamily, hospitality, educational properties from water damages, flood, fire, smoke and natural disasters.
This position is a key member of the Accounting Team at Interstate Restoration reporting to the Accounting Manager, Financial Reporting. The position works in our corporate office in Fort Worth, Texas to support our operations across the country. Candidates with Timberline / Sage 300 are strongly preferred as well as experience in the construction or like-type industry.
The Accounting Specialist - Expenses is responsible for the following areas:
- Process employee expense reports through Suti (expense management system):
- Review and process expense reports for individuals with personal expenses
- Communicate with individuals regarding outstanding credit card charges
- Review coding and provide final approval on submitted expense reports
- Field calls regarding payment status and escalate as needed for urgent, past due or problem expense reports
- Request credit cards for new employees as required
- Set the employee's credit card up as a vendor in the accounting system so it will be available when bills arrive
- Set up new employees with Suti accounts and conduct trainings as required
- Load or assist with loading expense reports from Suti into the accounting system
- Reconcile credit card statements
- Load statement totals into the accounting system
- Identify offsetting amounts and mark them as cleared in the accounting system
- Other general or AP related accounting duties/projects, as assigned
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Excellent written and oral communication with internal and external customers.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills and a strong problem solving background
- Able to interact effectively within a team environment
- Provide a sense of urgency about the work; demonstrate good judgment both within the work group and the company; and have the ability to keep matters confidential when necessary
- 2 to 3 years of experience in expense report processing, including corporate credit cards
- Previous experience working with an ERP system, preferably including a job cost application
- Previous experience in the corporate office of a construction or real estate company
- Prior construction experience is helpful.
- Experience with SutiSoft Expense or other third party application is preferred
- Sedentary work which involves long periods of sitting.
Interstate Restoration offers excellent benefits including: Medical, Dental, Life, Long Term Disability, PTO days, Paid Holidays and a 401(k) Retirement Plan.
INTERSTATE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. INTERSTATE will not tolerate discrimination against any employee or applicants on any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: age; ancestry; childbirth or related medical condition; citizenship; color; creed; familial status; genetic information; height; weight; marital status; national origin; physical or mental disability or handicap; pregnancy; race; religion; sex; sexual orientation; uniform service member status or veteran status.
Third party resume submissions not accepted. Any resume submitted will be considered the property of Interstate Restoration and Interstate Restoration will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.