Intrepid USA Healthcare Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Biller/Collector - Gov
at Intrepid USA Healthcare Services
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Internal code
If you are looking for an exciting career opportunity with a national leader of personalized health care – this is your chance to join us at Intrepid USA! We are a national company with a local perspective, and working with us, you'll find that what we do is all about what matters the most – helping patients live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Our innovative approach gives patients access to the highly experienced clinical teams and up-to-date programs you would expect from a large company and combines them with the flexible, dedicated and personalized care you may expect from a smaller company.
Due to our continued growth, we are seeking a highly organized Medical Biller/Collector - Gov. to perform all billing services in accordance with state/federal regulations. At Intrepid, we focus on the heart of the matter – providing talented health-care professionals, giving them opportunities to follow their passion, and ultimately giving patients the best care available for home health care, hospice and private duty care.
As a Medical Biller/Collector, you will be responsible for the complete and accurate billing and collections of all claims submitted for payment to Medicare, Medicaid and state and federal health care programs.
Additional duties for this Medical Biller/Collector role include, but are not limited to:
- Performing all billing services in accordance with state/federal regulations; compliant with plan of care/treatment; and consistent with professional practice
- Coordinating accumulation and verification of all necessary documentation required for billing
- Processing correspondence and telephone calls from all payors regarding all claims
- Responsible for timely resolution of all claims including appeals
- Communicating with agency personnel on incorrect payor data that is identified
- Verifying billing frequency, required forms, and general billing requirements
- Follow-up on accounts for billing and on overdue accounts for collections via phone calls, re-submissions and adjustments for billing errors
- Maintaining acceptable % goal of outstanding AR depending on the plan
- Effectively working and resolving billing edits in a timely manner
- Managing clearinghouse and payor accept/reject reports timely
We are looking for a Gov. Medical Biller/Collector who is highly organized and detail-oriented with the ability to effectively work both independently or in a team setting. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
Specific qualifications for this role include:
- 1+ years of experience as a medical collector/biller working high receivables in the Healthcare industry
- Experienced in Microsoft Excel
- High School Diploma
Join Intrepid USA – and make a real difference in the lives of our patients!