Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Category: Human Resources
Founded in 1998 and based in Dallas, Texas, Istation (Imagination Station) has become one of the nation’s leading providers of richly animated, game-like educational technology. Winner of several national educational technology awards, the Istation program puts more instructional time in the classroom through small-group and collaborative instruction. Istation’s innovative reading, math, and Spanish programs immerse students in an engaging and interactive environment and inspire them to learn. Additionally, administrators and educators can use Istation to easily track the progress of their students, schools, and classrooms. Istation now serves over 4 million students throughout the United States and several countries.
Istation’s mission is to support educators, empower kids and change lives.
We believe every student deserves to feel like a superhero. We know that teachers are often the wind beneath their capes. Our logo with a child wearing a red cape was inspired by this belief! It’s great to see how we’ve built a following of passionate, dedicated educators and students called the Red Cape Nation.
The recruiter position is responsible for interviewing, testing and referring applicants for clerical, technical, administrative and management positions throughout the company. This position must possess considerable skill in interviewing techniques, a good knowledge of all clerical and specialized functions in the company, a basic understanding of the company's organizational structure as well as an extensive knowledge of personnel policy and procedure and federal and state laws regarding employment practices.
- full-time position at our Dallas-based corporate office
- reports to VP of Human Resources
- base salary
- group health plan and company-wide options
- 401(k) with company match
- Outrageous PTO, Out of office Holiday Hours!
- building amenities
- Fun office environment with a passionate team
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with department managers on a regular basis and proactively identify future hiring needs.
- Develop and update job descriptions and job specifications.
- Use traditional and nontraditional resources, such as career fairs, online job fairs, community network events, social media networking, outsourcing tools (Indeed, LinkedIn, Monster) etc.. to identify and attract quality candidates.
- Manage internal transfer process, including screening and coordination of interviews with hiring manager.
- Develop and maintain an excellent relationship with internal and external clients to ensure achievement of staffing goals.
- Manage application/resume file and retention according to company policy.
- Perform job and task analysis to document job requirements and objectives.
- Source (internally & externally), Screen (Phone, and Onsite) candidate resumes and job applications.
- Create, Track, and finalize appropriate paperwork, including requisitions, offer and decline letters etc.
- Conduct interviews using various reliable recruiting and selection tools/methods to filter candidates within schedule.
- Assess applicants’ relevant knowledge, skills, soft skills,experience and aptitudes.
- Monitor and apply HR recruiting best practices.
- Act as a point of contact and build influential candidate relationships during the selection process.
- Coordinate with hiring manager(s) to determine best recruiting process for position(s).
- Act as liaison with area employment agencies and advertising agencies.
- Coordinate appropriate employment testing.
- Conduct employment verifications.
- Coordinates background.
- Maintain employee referral program.
- Complete weekly report on employment activity(AOR, TTF)
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Human Resources
- Solid ability to conduct different types of interviews (structured, competency-based, stress etc.)
- ability to organize skills assessment centers
- familiarity with HR databases, Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) and Candidate Management Systems (CMS)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with senior management, hiring managers, applicants and candidates.
- Demonstrated ability to execute a recruiting strategy
- Thinks critically, adapts easily to changing priorities, optimizes own time and enjoys collaborating
- Demonstrates excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize workload and multi-task in a fast pace environment while maintaining attention to detail.
- Solid understanding of market conditions, job competencies, sourcing strategies, candidate assessment and negotiation techniques.
- Excellent customer service and relationship management skills with strong business and sales acumen and the ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality, trust and enthusiasm.
- Self-driven, resourceful, adaptive and highly motivated; takes pride in meeting and exceeding goals.
- Ability to be patient, communicative, and a collaborative team player that is detail oriented and has outstanding interpersonal skills
- Show strong personal ownership and ability to set and meet high professional standards.
- Be passionate about what you do every day.
- Be detail-oriented with strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Think analytically about possible impacts to operational business costs.
- Possess an aptitude for high-level efficiency.
- Have a proven track record of success with a strong work ethic and self-discipline.
- Possess strong listening skills with the ability to diagnose issues and provide solutions.
- Be able to learn independently, conduct research, and synthesize and apply information from a variety of resources.
- Have strong quantitative and qualitative skills.
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Effectively manage information and monitor tasks to identify, analyze, and solve problems.
- Takes initiative and meets deadlines.
- Be personally responsible, accountable, punctual, and reliable.
- Be nimble and flexible, tolerate stress, and work well both independently and within diverse teams in an ever-changing product development environment.
- Converse well with non-related personnel, other engineers and internal SCRUM teams to include members who are educators, creative artists, sales people, and/or anyone who may be a part of our business infrastructure.
- Have strong digital skills and aptitude, including proficiency with computers and basic applications software including Concur, Microsoft Office, and Google Mail.
- Have strong time-management and organizational skills with a proven ability to handle and follow through on multiple tasks or projects.
- Two years of full cycle recruiting components including, successfully sourcing strategies for a diverse range of applicants, qualifying, interviewing, networking, assessing, salary negotiating, relationship management, and due diligence.
- Knowledge and past use of a web-based applicant tracking system, SilkRoad is a plus!
- Strong working knowledge of social media and web-recruiting techniques to drive talent pipelines: LinkedIn, Indeed, Monster etc.
- Previous experience in recruiting technical and executive level positions;technical positions, specifically with software, engineering, or IT roles.
- Hands on experience with various selection processes (phone interviewing, reference check, social media networking)
- Hands-on experience with recruiting software, as well as Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS) or Human Resource Management Systems (HRMS)
- MS Office – including Word, Excel and Google Products
- Bi-lingual, Spanish strongly preferred.