Javelin Marketing Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Comms Planner (DFW or LA)
at Javelin Marketing Group
Javelin is looking for a Communications Planner to leverage analytics while drawing upon experience and intuition to take our customer journey further.
Comms Planning is a strategy discipline at Javelin that exist at the intersection of several teams - you will work with clients, creative, strategists and partner agencies to deliver innovative ideas, POVs and direction to break through and achieve client goals.
We’re looking for a dynamic mix of skills: research, insight, presentation, leadership and curiosity, while being [thoughtfully] opinionated and direct with your POV.
WHO YOU ARE:
You have a strong, strategic mind with an understanding of digital channels, technologies and trends. You are inquisitive by nature and can develop compelling insights that drive integrated marketing across the customer journey. You have the ability to anticipate needs that the client may not yet recognize and ensure that approaches and creative solutions are linked to client objectives. Ability to prioritize, problem solve and remain poised, positive and productive in high-pressure situations.
- Mix of Vision and Execution - equally adept at thinking and doing
- Intellectually curious and hungry for complex problems, able to express yourself with logic and creativity
- Ready to learn while doing
- Self-starter and ability to work on your ow
- You should not be afraid of being challenged or knocked down and getting back up to bat again
- You should love to brainstorm to find new ways to bring our client to the modern era
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Lead in development of cross-journey, cross-channel media plans (digital and traditional) that specify which channels and when, to effectively reach the client’s target audience
- Facilitate the design, research and development of a customer journey framework that uses behavior change and analytic insights to move a customer down a path – to higher brand affinity and higher LTV
- Create excitement around new, innovative digital opportunities, helping to evolve Javelin’s knowledgebase, while transforming/guiding the client
- Drive cross-journey, cross-channel thinking on which marketing channels to use to effectively to reach the client’s unique audiences
- Own the development of detailed connections strategies and plans
- Organize, concept, and develop culturally relevant connections ideas that live in the most relevant media environments
- Map cultural and market trends, as well as research and analyze marketplace and media data
- Use 3rd party research tools like Simmons and client data sets like sales data or Google Analytics/Omniture data, to define and segment audiences, find key audience and media channel insights. Extra credit for advanced skills with MRI, GWI, Kantar, ComScore.
- Take high-level communications tasks and identify how the brand should behave in different cultural spaces
- Develop POVs on digital marketing, including media, channels and platforms
WHAT YOU'VE GOT:
- 4-year college degree (Required)
- MBA Degree (Preferred)
- Extensive presentation deck creation and presentation experience
- Experience using Analytics/Data to help inform a strategy
- Experience with Strategic Frameworks for Communications Planning
- 3-5 years of Agency experience, specifically in marketing, media and/or strategy
- 2-4 years of Consulting or Entertainment/Studio experience preferred
- Experience building and managing digital strategies - not just execution!
- Fluency across paid digital channels, including paid social, paid search, programmatic, partnerships, SEO and traditional channels
- Solid understanding of key data sources used in Communications Planning, Paid Media Investment + Implementation