JLL (Jones Lang LaSalle)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Development Manager in Dallas, TX at JLL
at JLL (Jones Lang LaSalle)
We are currently seeking a Senior Retail Project Development Manager to join our Dallas Project Development Services Division. We are looking for individuals with retail development experience specifically for pre-construction and site development activities. Services typically include site identification and due diligence, entitlement support, pre-site development and ground up build outs for big box retail projects. We are looking for a solid background in Project Development Management with experience in at least one of the following areas: Project Management, Architecture and Construction.
The candidate will ideally have a background in developing ground ups that are on self-contained sites, i.e. Gas Station/C-Store, Auto Parts, Pharma or Discount Retail. The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge on all areas of development including DOT, Stormwater, planning, etc. Experience with ground up self-development is an important requirement for this position. Other qualifications include:
- A strong background in utility coordination and permitting is a plus.
- Entitlement experience specifically with Platting and rezoning is an important part of the position.
- Experience speaking on behalf of Client or making presentations at public hearings.
- With regards to the role itself, the job description we came up with for my role would probably be similar. Client has been big on using my role as a sort of “Utility man” for the teams Possess an ability to shift between projects and priorities at a moment’s notice, flexibility is key.
- Ownership of projects, an ability to take accountability for the challenges and problems that every project encounters.
- Understanding and experience with Retail Development
- Well Organized with ability to develop and process workflows.
- Well versed in dealing with local jurisdictions and municipalities.
- Ability to engage, coordinate and manage all the consultants needed during site due diligence and development.
- Ideally this person can cross over into a Construction Project Management role if and when needed.
- Client Interface & Project Team Relationship Management
- Development Manager will focus on:
- Site Due Diligence and Site Development
- GTECH and Environmental issues.
- Entitlement, Zoning and Variance matters
- Facilitating and Expediting Permitting
- All Matters Pre-Construction Related
- Dispute Resolution/Problem Solving
- Interface and correspondence with City Officials
- Candidates must have:
- Retail Development experience (entitlement, zoning, access easements, jurisdictional permitting).
- Experience working with 3rd Party Developers and Landlords on Build-To-Suit Transactions.
- Experience representing and driving Client/Tenant timeline throughout the development process.
- Managing and leading external parties (3rd party developer, landlord, city officials, planning and building departments, etc.) through the development approval process.
- Comfortable driving development process on behalf of Client (as Agent for the Client).
- Managing ambiguity and the challenges that arise during the pre-development and development phase.
- Comfortable communicating with C suite. Ability to adjust communication cadence and style to align with Client Leadership team (written and verbal).
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Professional Degree in Architecture/Civil Engineering.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in related areas
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Planning and Organizing – Establish course of action to accomplish goals, evaluates results, develops schedules, and can orchestrate multiple activities at once by effectively utilizing resources
- Client Focus – Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of external and internal clients, acts with client in mind, establishes and maintains effective relationships, and gains their trust and respect
- Technically Savvy: Proficient in Excel, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Project, Word
- Experience with Budget & Milestone/Schedule Development, Management and Tracking
- Ability to Read & Understand Construction Drawings & Specifications
- Business Acumen – Respected for professional and savvy business sense
- Ability to interact with multiple stakeholders and pro-actively anticipate their needs
- Dealing with Ambiguity – Can effectively cope with change, can shift gears comfortably, can decide and act without having the total picture, can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty
- Interpersonal Savvy – Relates well to others at all levels and uses diplomacy and tact
- Self-Starter – Able to start and complete projects independently
- Time Management – Use time effectively and efficiently, can attend to a broader range of activities, gets more done in less time than others
- Written/Oral communications – Ability to speak and write clearly and concisely, get messages across that have the desired effect
- Hard worker & Team Player – No Task too small. Getting the job done and exceeding client expectations is the key to integrating successfully into our team
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at email@example.com. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.