Sagora Senior Living
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Sagora Senior Living
|Community:||Heritage Place Independent Living|
The Sous Chef is responsible for assisting the Culinary Director and meeting or exceeding the expectations of the residents by providing quality meals and excellent service. The Sous Chef will oversee the day to day operation of the culinary department in absence of the Culinary Director. The culinary team prepares breakfast, lunch, and dinner to be plated and served to our residents daily. Sous Chefs are personable and friendly individuals who have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
Sagora Senior Living is one of the top 50 senior housing operators in the United States offering independent living, assisted living, and memory care services. We are looking for compassionate and caring individuals to join our team to uphold our "Residents First" philosophy. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package along with additional company perks.
If you are looking for a rewarding position and a great company culture, we urge you to apply!
- Community name:
- City, State:
- Community details: www.sagora.com/heritage-place/
- Status: Full Time
- Shift/hours: Varies
- Assist Culinary Director in day to day oversight and supervision of the culinary department as assigned
- Preparing menu items in accordance with recipes
- Cooking à la carte items
- Presenting a finished plate to be served and enjoyed
- Maintaining a safe, sanitary, clean and organized cooking area
- Assist with inventory and ordering of food and non-food supplies
- Train and counsel food service associates
- One or more years of work experience as a Sous Chef or Assistant Culinary Director in a commercial kitchen
- Current ServSafe Certification and Food Handler’s permit required as regulated by state and local authorities
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate effectively with residents, families, guests, and other associates in English
- Ability to use math to calculate recipes and costing
- Must have skills necessary to prepare dishes for specialized diets
Sagora does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Sagora is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applicants without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. PM18