John Q. Hammons Hotels Management LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Banquet Manager (Director of Event Operations)
at John Q. Hammons Hotels Management LLC
- Location Name
- Allen, TX Courtyard
- Location Address
- 210 E. Stacy Rd.
- Requisition ID
- Hotel - Event Planning
- Previous Experience Preferred
- 1 Year
- Employment Type
- Regular Full Time
- Pay Rate
Atrium Hospitality is a leading hotel and asset management company, overseeing a portfolio of 84 hotels in 30 states licensed primarily through the Marriott, Hilton and Intercontinental brand families. We strive to bring to life a culture that promotes the four simple values that drive our business: Perseverance, Respect, Service, and Teamwork.
To schedule banquets, parties, etc., ensuring all arrangements are made so as to provide the customer with a very high level of service and quality.
- Determine amount of future business and work load requirements with information gathered from sales department.
- Requisition required help and instruct work expectations for banquets.
- Meet with function group leaders to determine last minute changes and discuss various set-up arrangements.
- Ensure proper service to clients during the banquet.
- Ensure proper cleaning of all equipment after function is completed.
- Supervise assigned banquet personnel: hiring, terminating, training and developing.
- Schedule banquets, parties, etc.
- Assist personnel in setting up a function room to the desired specifications set forth by the sales office.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Read and interpret business records and statistical reports.
- Use mathematical skills to interpret financial information and prepare budgets.
- Analyze and interpret policies established by administrators.
- Understand government regulations covering business operations.
- Make business decisions based on production reports, similar facts, and experience.
- Deal with the general public, customers, employees, union and government officials with tact and courtesy.
- Plan and organize the work of others.
- Change activity frequently and cope with interruptions.
- Bachelors Degree in Hotel Management required.
- Two (2) years supervisory experience in banquet operations with three (3) years hotel operations experience; OR, an equivalent level of education and experience.
Benefits and EEO
Full-time associates are eligible for the following benefits:
- Paid Time Off
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Company paid life with employee paid supplemental options
- Matching 401-k with immediate vesting for eligible participating associates
- Company Hotel Travel Discounts
Working for Atrium Hospitality offers more than a great job; it offers the ability to make a difference in a meaningful way every day. Whether you are a recent graduate, new to the industry, or an experienced professional, Atrium provides extraordinary opportunities for growth and competitive compensation and benefits in an exciting, customer-centric workplace.
Atrium Hospitality is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans
Click here to view EEO is the Law