Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Aircraft Structural Design Sr Engineer
We are pioneers. We were the first to break the sound barrier and to design the first functional jetpack. We were aboard NASA's first lunar mission and brought advanced tiltrotor systems to market. Today, we are defining the future of on-demand mobility. At Bell, we are proud to work for an iconic company with superb talent, rapidly creating novel and coveted vertical lift experiences.
Bell is seeking a self-motivated structural design engineer to join Bell's Innovation Team and support the development of new and novel products and platforms. The design requirements associated with the integration of vehicles in urban environments, including Air Taxi and Product transportation/delivery are challenging and exciting. The emerging concept vehicles provide opportunities for conceptual design, detail design, component fabrication and test of configurations and technologies that will shape the future of aviation. This position will be part of a diverse team of engineers capable of executing in a fast-paced environment.
This position is located at Bell's Ft. Worth, TX headquarters facility.
· Create detail designs based on trade studies, research and analysis.
· Provide Manufacturing Engineering support during fabrication and assembly of components
· Design activity includes airframe structure, mechanical systems (landing gear, doors, panels) and system provisions.
· Participate on technical teams, including execution to cost and schedule requirements
· Support supplier activity
· Support test activity, including test plan development, execution and reports
· Bachelor's Degree in Engineering is required.
· Major in Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering is preferred
· At least 5 years of related experience is required
· Proficiency with aerospace design requirements verification is required
· Proficiency in CATIA V5 is required, V6 is preferred
· Proficiency with GD&T and general part sizing is required
· PC proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook is required
· Familiarity with Planning, Manufacturing, Procurement and Maintenance processes is preferred
· Experience with ENOVIA preferred
Our most cherished core value is to Lift Each Other up, creating a diverse and inclusive environment. As a member of our global workforce, you will collaborate with dedicated, enthusiastic teams where differences in experiences, backgrounds, and ideas combined with a strong passion for our products take us above and beyond flight.
Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.