Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Avionics Design Engineer
· Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering (or closely related field) is required
· Experience at all levels will be considered with a minimum of 2 years specific experience with avionics systems integration, development, and testing. At least 5 years experience is preferred.
· Preferred experience in military platform avionics integration.
· Familiarity with model based systems engineering
· Familiarity with hardware and software open architectures (JCA, FACE, HOST, etc).
· Familiarity with RTCA DO-160, MIL-STD-810, RTCA DO-178, RTCA DO-254, SAE ARP4754A, SAE ARP4761, 14 CFR Part 27 and Part 29 for commercial and military qualification and certification of aircraft systems, and multiple data protocols.
· Experience with creation of system specifications, requirements traceability, and verification.
· Preferred experience with Enovia, DOORS, and Serena Dimensions
· Creation of system architecture and wiring schematics. Preferred experience with schematic creation using CHS Mentor Graphics.
· Generation of System Safety Assessments, Failure Hazard Analysis, and Certification and Test plans.
· Specific experience with some or all of the following components:
o PFD, MFD, EICAS, CWA, IFF, ADS-B, GPS, WAAS, TACAN, TCAS, EGPWS, ELT, Dig Map, ILS
o Comm, NavComm, Weather, Radar, FLIR, Dig Flt Bag, HUD, HMD, Cockpit Switches, Keyboards, Video Recording,
o Weapons, Electronic Warfare, Digital Battlefield, CVR/ FDR, Mission / Weapons Computers.
· Experience with avionics development and testing in a systems integration lab
· Experience with aircraft installation, functional testing, and troubleshooting
Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR)., Non-U.S. persons selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to export-restricted information. , The ITAR/EAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.