Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Engineer I - Rotor Systems Analysis
At Bell, thinking above and beyondis what we do best. For more than 80 years, we've been reimagining theexperience of flight – and where it can take us.
We are pioneers. We were the firstto break the sound barrier and to certify a commercial helicopter. We wereaboard NASA's first lunar mission and brought advanced tiltrotor systems tomarket. And today, we're defining the future of on demand mobility.
A Day in the Lifeof an Engineer I - Rotor System Analysis:
The Engineer I - Rotor System Analysis at Bellis responsible for analysis activities related to preparation and release ofengineering data for complex rotor system components including blades, hubs,swashplates, shafts, bearings and other supporting components as well assubsystem integration. Furthermore, the Rotor System Analysis Engineer supportsthe manufacturing, assembly and validation of these mechanical components.Finally, the Rotor System Analysis Engineer ensures compliance with all bestpractices, customer and industry specifications in support of air vehicleperformance and safety requirements. This position is located at Bell'sheadquarters facility in Ft. Worth, TX.
- Create detail, assembly and installation rotor system design definition utilizing FEM software and other various analytical tools.
- Support manufacturing and testing of rotor system components and sub-systems interpreting technical data and assisting in product improvements.
- Improve detail, assembly and installation rotor system design definition utilizing FEM software and other various analytical tools.
- Participate in a cross functional team environment completing a variety of objectives depending on the program lifecycle assigned.
- Advance the state-of-the-art rotor system through creative thought, personal and team research, technical compliance and strong analysis skills.
- Bachelor's degree is required.
- Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace strongly preferred.
- 3.0 minimum overall, undergraduate GPA.
- Master's Degree in the Engineering as described above is preferred.
MinimumRequirements for an Engineer I - Rotor System Analysis at Bell:
- Proficiency with basic office computer software, specifically the Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and ability to articulate technical data and concepts to a wide audience of individuals of different technical backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize a variety of activities and tasks while dealing with change.
- Strong analytical ability is required.
Ideal CandidatesAlso Have:
- Experience with engineering analysis of rotor system components such as blades, hubs, swashplate, bearings, shafting, etc. is preferred.
- Experience with mechanical design analysis tools such as NASTRAN, PATRAN, ANSYS, Mathcad, Matlab, etc. is preferred.
- Proficiency with engineering design definition including 2D/3D modeling, requirement capture and specification development is preferred.
Collaborate withdedicated, enthusiastic teams where differences in experiences, backgrounds,and ideas combined with a strong passion for our products take us above andbeyond flight.
Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.