Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mechanic Electronics - 2nd Shift
We arepioneers. We were the first to break the sound barrier and to design thefirst functional jetpack. We were aboard NASA's first lunar mission andbrought advanced tiltrotor systems to market. Today, we are defining the futureof on-demand mobility. AtBell, we are proud to work for an iconic company with superb talent, rapidlycreating novel and coveted vertical lift experiences.
Bell is seeking aMechanic Electronics to support Flight Research Center in Arlington, TX.
- Performs a wide variety ofduties necessary to assure the proper functioning of aircraft electrical,electronic, communication, navigation, flight instruments and instrumentationsystems or packages.
- Fabricates, constructs,installs, tests, adjusts, maintains, repairs or replaces any components, panelsor sections of the above systems or packages.
- Lays out and installs avariety of tubing and /or tubing systems for instrumentation work.
- May be assigned toinstall, adjust, and maintain control tower or other fixed base or mobilecommunications equipment.
- Makes “in flight tests”as necessary.
- Must obtain anyadditional licenses or permits required by the government to meet governmentregulations.
Tools & EquipmentUsed:
- Radio repair andelectrician's hand tools, flaring tools, tube cutters and tubing installationtools.
- Various types of powertools and hand tools necessary to perform required work.
Don't miss the chance tojoin a diverse, inclusive environment that embodies one of our core values,Lift Each Other Up. As a member of our global workforce, you willcollaborate with dedicated, enthusiastic teams where differences inexperiences, backgrounds and ideas combined with a strong passion for ourproducts take us above and beyond flight.
- Four years of aircraft electronics(avionics) experience within the last 10 years.
- Such experience musthave involved the troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance of aircraftcommunication, navigation or fire control weapons system components.
- Must have and maintain an Airframe & Powerplant License (A&P). IFHIRED ON/AFTER 10/1/2018.
- Successful completion ofan 18 to 24 month accredited curriculum in Electronics Engineering orElectronics Technology within the last 10 years or successful completion of amilitary Electronics/Avionics course at least 8 months in length within thelast 10 years.
Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.