Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Staff Manufacturing Engineer
· BS in Engineering or related technical discipline and 15 years of experience in aerospace or related manufacturing industry experience or,
· BS Engineering or related technical discipline and a MS or MBA/PhD and 14 years or experience in aerospace or related manufacturing industry experience
· Able to identify and resolve safety and quality issues associated with activities, conditions, procedures, processes, facilities, equipment, etc. as they relate to design, certification, production, quality, continued operational safety, aircraft maintenance, or flight operations.
· Able to coordinate cognizant design engineering and integrated operation teams to perform producibility analysis and manufacturing trade studies to determine cost effective / schedule critical solutions to complex manufacturing technical objectives.
· Able to manage multiple projects supporting a single concept demo air vehicle build through a disciplined approach to initiating, planning, executing, controlling and closing to achieve specific goals to specific success criteria.
· Specialized mentor to junior and senior engineers in advanced concepts of manufacturing technology.
· Expertise in multiple and knowledge of manufacturing technologies to include, but not limited to the following:
o Aero-structure – Airframe design of metallic, non-metallic, machining, cutting tool, additive part fabrication and assembly manufacturing processes, equipment, tool integration, and product verification.
o Electrical and Mechanical Systems – design, integration and installation manufacturing processes, tool integration, equipment, and product verification.
o Manufacturing Execution Systems - process specifications, CAD/CAM; production planning, material requirements scheduling, and material kitting and handling.
o Tool and Equipment Integration – Facility requirements, ergonomics, safety, environmental, automation, robotics, metrology, tool & die fabrication, tool design methodology, determinant tooling & fixtures, loft practices, flat patterning, numerical controlled programing of equipment, tool cutting/addition technology applied to the fabrication and assembly of concept demo air vehicles.
· Detailed knowledge of military and commercial aircraft systems.
· Able to apply engineering design and analysis knowledge to evaluate discrepancies and anomalies.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Proficiency in MS Office tools of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio and Outlook
· Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology in Chemical, Systems, Computer, Industrial, Automation/Robotic, Aeronautical/Aviation, Mechanical, Electrical, Manufacturing, Environmental, and Materials
· Extensive rapid product development experience.
· CATIA V4, V5/V6 experience.
· Experience with electronic product and project data in applications such as Enovia, CAMS, and Primavera.
· Military or Commercial Program IPT leadership and/or experience leading cross-functional, and multi-cultural project teams.
Our most cherished core value is to Lift Each Other up, creating a diverse and inclusive environment. As a member of our global workforce, you will collaborate with dedicated, enthusiastic teams where differences in experiences, backgrounds, and ideas combined with a strong passion for our products take us above and beyond flight.
Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR)., Non-U.S. persons selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to export-restricted information. , The ITAR/EAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.