Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
System Safety Engineer
A System SafetyEngineering opportunity is available at Bell. This position is located atBell's headquarters facility in Fort Worth, Texas.
- Planning, defining, and verifying System Safety requirements to ensure design integrity and safety for certification of aircraft systems (including Flight Control, Avionics, Electrical, Hydraulics, Fuel, and Propulsion Systems)
- Working as a member of an integrated engineering team to ensure effective Systems Safety Engineering efforts are conducted through identification and analysis of potential hazards from aircraft and system concept definition through development, testing, production, and sustainment
- Evaluation of fault tolerance and redundancy the design of aircraft system's hardware and software in accordance with safety assessment processes defined in military and commercial standards.
- Perform aircraft and system functional hazard analysis, system safety analysis, and fault tree analysis and provide recommendations to improve system safety
- Interface with certification authorities and aircraft systems engineers on safety related issues
- Bachelor'sDegree in applicable Engineering Discipline is required (Electrical,Mechanical, or Systems Engineering desired).
- Experience at all levels will be considered with a minimum of 2 years specific to Systems Safety or related field in the aerospace industry.
- Familiarity with Fault Hazard Analysis, Fault Tree Analysis, Failure Mode Effects Cause Analysis, Safety Assessment Reports, SAE ARP 4761 and 4754A, Mil Std 882 System Safety Programs and risk assessment process, Common Cause Analysis (CCA), Common Mode Analysis (CMA), Particular Risk Analysis (PRA), Zonal Safety Analysis (ZSA)
- Familiarity with RTCA DO-160, MIL-STD-810, RTCA DO-178, RTCA DO-254, 14 CFR Part 27 and Part 29 for commercial and military qualification and certification of aircraft systems, and multiple data protocols
- Experience with aircraft Flight Control, Electrical, and/or Avionics Systems is preferred.
Our most cherished core valueis to Lift Each Other up, creating a diverse and inclusive environment. As amember of our global workforce, you will collaborate withdedicated, enthusiastic teams where differences in experiences, backgrounds,and ideas combined with a strong passion for our products take us above andbeyond flight.
Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.