Keller Independent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
2017-2018 PK - 12Th Grade Special Education Teacher (187 Days)
at Keller Independent School District
Openings as of 9/19/2017
- 2017-2018 PK - 12th Grade Special Education Teacher (187 Days) JobID: 1748
- Position Type:
Special Education/SPED Tchr - Adult Trans., Life, STARS, STACC, STRIDES Res/Inclusion, VAC
- Date Posted:
- Model core organizational beliefs and values; communicate openly and effectively within and across teams to maximize student success.
- Develop and maintain a classroom environment conducive to effective learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
- Participate in ARD committee meetings; collaborate with students, parents, and staff to develop an IEP through the ARD Committee process for each student assigned.
- Implement an instructional, therapeutic, or skill development program for assigned students and show
- Present subject matter according to guidelines established by IEP.
- Actively engage students in the learning process; plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect an understanding of the learning styles, capabilities, and needs of students assigned.
- Utilize technology to strengthen the teaching/learning process.
- Work cooperatively with classroom teachers to modify regular curricula as needed and assist special education students in regular classes with assignments.
- Monitor and assess student achievement through formal and informal assessments; ensure that assessment and feedback are aligned with goals and objectives; provide opportunities for relearning and re-evaluation of material.
- Provide or supervise personal care, medical care, and feeding of students as stated in IEP.
- Manage student behavior; consult with classroom teachers regarding management of student behavior according to IEP; intervene in crisis situations and physically restrain students as necessary according to IEP.
- Plan and supervise assignments for teacher aide(s).
- Collaborate with other faculty and administration to improve TAKS-related performance of all students on the campus.
- Utilize effective communication skills to present information accurately and clearly.
- Establish and maintain professional communication with parents, students, and district personnel; ensure that all interactions are supportive, courteous, and respectful.
- Participate in professional development activities that are aligned with district and campus goals, assigned area of responsibility, and the varied needs of students.
- Maintain accurate and complete records as required by TEA and the district; file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents required.
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
- Comply with all policies, operating procedures, legal requirements, and verbal and written directives.
- Comply with the Professional Code of Ethics and Standard Practices for Texas Educators.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Provide guidance to assigned teacher aide(s).
- Knowledge of special needs of students in assigned area
- Knowledge of Admission, Review, and Dismissal (ARD) Committee process and Individual
- General knowledge of curriculum and instruction
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior
- Ability to be patient, flexible, and versatile
- Basic technology competencies
- Bachelor’s degree
- Valid Texas special education teaching certificate
- Highly qualified as defined by No Child Left Behind
- Successful student teaching experience or approved internship
- Maintain emotional control under stress
- Frequent standing, stooping, bending, pulling and pushing
- Move small stacks of textbooks, media equipment, desks, and other classroom equipment
- Occasional prolonged and irregular hours
- May be required to lift and position students with physical disabilities, control behavior
- Exposure to biological hazards.
Job Title: Special Education Teacher Wage/Hour Status: Exempt
Department/School: Assigned Campus Pay Grade: Teacher Schedule
Reports to: Principal HR Date Approved: September, 2006
Provides special education students with learning activities and experiences designed to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Develops or modifies curricula and prepares lessons and other instructional materials to student ability levels. Works in self-contained, team, departmental, or itinerant capacity as assigned.
BASIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the characteristic duties and responsibilities noted herein, however, this list represents examples only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions found in this job description.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE: