KPS Global, LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at KPS Global, LLC
KPS Global (KPSG) is the North American industry leader in the manufacture, production, and installation of Walk-in Coolers and Freezers. KPSG’s end-product serves many channels within the retail food market as well as industrial applications. KPSG is based in Fort Worth, Texas with Engineering activities centralized in the Fort Worth facility (along with Finance, Human Resources, Customer Operations, Sales, and Installation Services), supporting product manufacturing in three locations: Fort Worth; Piney Flats, TN; and Goodyear, AZ.
KPS Global values its outstanding people who are deeply committed to providing innovative, high-quality service to clients from coast-to-coast. As a member of the KPS team, you’ll be part of an exciting and modern company culture where you will enjoy professional flexibility and benefit from an environment where creativity, innovation, and hard work are rewarded.
KPS Global is currently are seeking a Cost Estimator to join our team! We are looking for a self-motivated individual with a passion for construction and desire to learn and grow with our company. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in construction, be organized, motivated, detail-oriented and driven. This candidate will help formulate and implement initiatives to prepare estimates and proposals for distribution to clients. This candidate will be focused and have strong communication skills. They should be able to think critically when making plans and have a demonstrated ability to execute a strategy.
- Prepare written statement of qualifications and/or proposals that respond directly to customer requests for qualifications and requests for proposals
- Visit project work sites, participate in pre-proposal meetings, clarify scope of work, and prepare RFI's and attend pre-bid meetings with clients
- Ability to work and maintain work flow in a fast-paced environment and work under stress
- Ensure timely completion of estimates.
- Analyze and understand with a great level of detail, highly technical construction documents, to provide an intelligent approach to the construction process
- Compile material and labor requirements for each job and apply mark-ups for bidding.
- Responsible for obtaining subcontractor pricing in fast-paced bid schedules
- Build long lasting relationships with clients, architects, and subcontractors
- Assist in the development of estimating processes
- Maintain estimating schedule up to date and with accurate information
- Sense of urgency and the ability to multi-task
- Highly productive and willing to manage a busy work schedule independently
- Strong computer skills including the use of Microsoft products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts and apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Prepare Subcontract Agreements with the selected vendors
- Work on a preliminary project schedule based on the information provided in the plans and specifications
- Evaluate projects for constructability and value-engineer cost savings
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance, must have a good driving record
- Work closely with other stakeholders to develop strategy, competitive differentiation, and an overall understanding of the project
- Understand and seek out specialty subcontractors and suppliers that fulfill the unique requirements of the project
- Develop self-performed (turnkey) estimates for the trades that we choose to bid as turnkey projects
- Work closely with subcontractors, suppliers, and other stakeholders through the bid process to understand and capture the complete scope of each trade in the scope summary sheets and the estimate at large
- Accurately utilize project plans and specifications to identify scopes of work, assign crews, schedules, materials and subcontracting opportunities
- Manage bid receipt of subcontractor and supplier pricing to develop final selling price and offer
- Understand and manage risk as part of the proposal preparation process
- High School Diploma or equivalent (required), 4-year college degree in Construction Services or related field (highly preferred).
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in quoting construction related projects
- Construction related experience in a commercial construction organization
- 2 years’ experience as a superintendent, project manager, or estimator in the commercial construction industry.
- Previous experience estimating projects ranging from $ 500K to $ 5 million
- Graduate from accredited engineering, architectural or construction management program is a plus.