Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Ready Mix Driver
- Position Type
- Hourly Full-Time
- # of Openings
- Requisition ID
- Product Line
- Ready Mix
- Job Locations
- Aggregate Industries Management, Inc.
Lattimore Materials Corp is hiring full time Ready Mix Drivers at the Melissa, TX plant site. This position ensures the safe and timely delivery of concrete to the customer at the proper slump and to the proper job site. This can also include beginning the order process for additional orders and encouraging the customer to utilize value added ingredients such as fiber, retardant, color or other additives.
LMC offers competitive pay, benefits (medical, dental, vision, disability, 401k) , 40 hour weekly pay guarantee and a monthly load bonus.
$1,500 Retention Bonus!!
As directed and guided by the Driver Supervisor, the responsibilites of the position include:
- Delivers concrete as customer specifies, after determining customer’s requests are safe and possible; communicates truck/job status to dispatch; maintains good public relations with customer
- Maintains appearance of truck, proper air pressure in tires, proper fluid levels, oil, hydraulic, coolant and fuel; performs minor repairs to truck as needed
- Maintains load in transit to job; adds fiber reinforcement to load as directed; inspects load during wash down, reports any problems; completes washout procedures both during and at end-of-day; cleans truck after delivery to prevent concrete from hardening in mixer and on truck; may spray surfaces of truck with protective compound to prevent adhering of concrete
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections to ensure safe operation of truck and mixer
- Maintain logbooks, truck reports, pre-trip/post-trip reports, vehicle condition reports and other required paperwork
- Ensures that safety, compliance, environmental and DOT requirements are followed at all times
- If Class A CDL, must be willing to cross train on Tanker and/or Aggregate Haul truck
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of one year of commercial driving experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Ability to perform simple mathematical calculations
- Excellent driving skills
- Must possess a valid Class A or B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL); must pass DOT drug screen and obtain and retain a DOT physical card