Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager, Finance Planning and Analysis
at Learfield Sports
- Req No.
- Location Name
- Learfield IMG College
An industry leader for more than four decades, Learfield IMG College has a deep presence in the college athletics landscape nationwide. It manages the multimedia and sponsorship rights for nearly 250 collegiate institutions, conferences and arenas, and supports athletic departments at all competitive levels as title sponsor of the prestigious Learfield IMG College Directors’ Cup.
Learfield IMG College also provides its collegiate partners access to professional concessions and ticket sales; branding, licensing and trademark consulting; digital and social platform expertise; campus-wide business and sponsorship development; and venue and technology systems through its affiliated companies.
Our people-friendly culture is a hallmark of our style and approach to business and is rooted in values demonstrating intentional and active care for other people. The company and its employees strive each day to live by the company's value statement: “build the team, grow the company, have fun, love and serve others."
Manager level role in the business finance function including management of budgets/forecasts, reporting, analytics, financial modeling and supporting activities.
- Coordinate consolidation of MMR business unit financial results, including monthly/quarterly actuals, budgets, and forecasts.
- Analyze changes/variances in MMR actuals vs forecasts/budget, changes in forecasts vs budget, and changes in forecast vs prior forecast, working closely with Regional Finance Directors and Operations Controller
- Work closely with Corporate FP&A team in preparation of MMR portions of management and board level reporting packages (monthly, quarterly, budget, etc.)
- Maintain MMR Long Range Plan (LRP), including quarterly forecast updates, budget updates, and outer year updates
- Oversee free cash flow forecasting and create free cash flow metrics for MMR business
- Serve as primary liaison on MMR finance team with the University Partnership Group, to create/maintain summary “deal decks” that document key financial aspects/metrics/assumptions around new business and renewal proposals
- Maintain capex/intangible forecasts, including outer years
- Work closely with MMR Operations Controller to maintain/manage FP&A software tool (Adaptive Insights/Prophix)
- Create/coordinate dashboard reporting, including various financial and operational metrics
- Monitor reporting, modeling and analytical efforts to recommend and implement process improvements
- Special projects as assigned by MMR BU CFO
To be successful in this position, the candidate must have strong character and values as well as a strong work ethic. Of paramount importance in this role is a natural disposition and desire to provide outstanding service to others within and outside of the organization. This attribute is the foundation of our culture and a primary contributor to the success of our company. To achieve this standard of service, it will be critical for the candidate to have a genuine interest in learning, understanding and empathizing with the needs of the organization’s leadership and staff. A demonstrated ability to interact with individuals at all levels of the organization, to be a team leader and, as important, to be a team player is essential.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or other business field. An advanced degree is a plus.
- 5-7 years’ experience in the accounting or operational finance field. Public accounting experience is also a plus.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Superior verbal, written and interpersonal skills are required in order to communicate effectively with management, private equity ownership team, consultants, etc.
- Ability to maintain progress on multiple projects at any given time across various departments while demonstrating an understanding of the team’s objectives to better prioritize the tasks at hand.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required. This would include an ability to demonstrate use of complex formula’s (vlookup, index, match, indirect) along with a strong working knowledge of how to interpret and analyze large data sets in excel. VBA/Macro experience is a plus.
- Information management systems experience desired. GP Dynamics and/or Prophix experience is a plus.
- Highly self-motivated attitude with attention to detail.
- Willingness to work hard, including extended and flexible hours, to meet deadlines.
- Strong ability to adapt quickly and thrive within a fast-paced environment.
- Minimal overnight travel required.
- Position is based in Plano, TX.