Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Catering / Special Events Coordinator
The Catering Coordinator prepares all event documentation as well as coordinates with internal departments, and customers to ensure consistent, high level service throughout events. The Catering Coordinator is based out of The Star in Frisco, TX, and reports to the Director of Catering.
Essential Job Functions
- Coordinates and communicates with client regarding event details.
- Conduct on-site planning sessions with the client as needed.
- Foster and promote a cooperative working climate, maximizing productivity and employee morale.
- Plan, Detail and Execute Internal Catering Events as Assigned.
- Create Events Orders, Floor Plans, and coordinate Stadium Logistics.
- Close Out Internal Accounting Invoices for Assigned Events.
- Work Closely with Culinary Team to Ensure Proper Menu Documentation for Event Orders.
- Create Menu and Buffet Descriptions for All Catering Events; as Requested.
- Participate in Internal and External Meetings as Determined by the Director of Catering.
- Maintain Event Order Packet, and create Timelines for Stadium-Wide Events.
- Provide Catering and Banquets Support; as needed.
- Responsible for Working All Stadium Wide Events Including: College and Professional Sports, Concerts, High School Football, Entertainment and Corporate Events.
- Non-traditional hours (Nights, Weekends & Holidays as necessary)
- Provide Support to Director of Catering as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Excellent customer service
- Strong interpersonal skills; can effectively communicate and relate to all levels within and outside the organization; creates and builds positive and productive relationships
- Responds quickly and effectively to changing trends and circumstances; embraces change and welcomes fresh perspectives; learns from past mistakes and adjusts accordingly
- Can manage people and resources to get projects completed; has a strong ability to multi-task and keep order.
- Ability to work independently and/or in a team environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must have computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel.
- Bachelor degree in hospitality management, business, or related area, or equivalent experience in a high volume environment.
- Must be able to work extended hours due to business requirements including late nights, weekends and holidays.
- Bilingual in Spanish
- Ability to stand, sit, use of hands to handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms
- Ability to lift and/ or move up to 25 pounds;
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision
Environmental Working Conditions:
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job