Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- # Positions
- Experience (Years)
At a Glance
Legrand has an exciting opportunity for a Applications Engineer to join the Wattstopper Team in Richardson, TX. The Successful Candidate will
provide project pre-sales, application, and product support and specification for a wide range of WattStopper products. To include support for Building Automation Integrators connecting to WattStopper lighting control systems.
What Will You Do?
- Ensure all project objectives are met, including deadlines, cost, and customer expectations.
- Provide application engineering expertise for Wattstopper lighting controls including Architectural Dimming Systems, Ethernet, BACnet, Niagara networks, and customized solutions.
- Educate customer, agents, and employees on Building Automation System networks and systems.
- Perform application engineering including, but not limited to, project design, sequence of operation development, programming for controls systems, and other related duties for lighting control systems.
- Meet intent of the project by applying information from electrical drawings, schematics, and specifications to a set of specific Wattstopper products.
- Develop and verify non-standard design and custom solutions from standard product mix.
- Supervise submittal generation, control programming, commissioning, and troubleshooting of Wattstopper systems.
- Provide the sales team with technical expertise as needed, including quotation assistance.
- Participates in Continuous Improvement.
- Performs other similar and related duties as required.
- B.S. degree in engineering.
- Minimum of 8 years' experience in Electrical or HVAC control systems in lieu of a degree
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Electrical or HVAC control systems.
- Minimum 2 years experince in AutoCad.
- Extensive understanding of control systems (dimming, energy management and lighting controls).
- Experience with Bluebeam preferred.
- Strong computer skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Enjoy working in a team environment.
- Self-starter, requiring minimal supervision.
- Agreeable to travel for training and support as needed.
Every single day, Legrand brings power, light and data to millions of spaces around the world. Legrand is a global, publicly-traded company listed on the Euronext (Legrand SA EPA: LR) with 36,000 employees worldwide, a market cap of $16B, revenue of more than $5 billion, with products sold in 180 countries. Legrand is listed on the Forbes Global 2000 as one of the world’s best employers. For more information, visit legrand.com.
About Legrand North and Central America
Legrand North and Central America (LNCA) employs over 5,000 associates in 60 locations, working in 6 product categories (Electrical Wiring Systems, Building Control Systems, AV, Data Communications, Power Distribution and Control, and Lighting). LNCA offers comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage. LNCA offers distinctive benefits like high employer 401K match, above-benchmark paid maternity leave, paid time off to volunteer, and an active women’s network. LNCA is an employee-centered, growth company with tremendous opportunity. For more information, visit legrand.us.
About Legrand’s Building Control Systems Division
Legrand’s Building Control Systems (BCS) division includes the Wattstopper and Solarfective product lines. Wattstopper offers the most comprehensive line of simple, scalable and flexible energy efficient lighting controls and solutions for commercial and residential applications. These products, programs, and services have been helping customers save energy, meet green initiatives and comply with energy codes for more than 30 years. Solarfective gives Legrand customers the most energy efficient, easy-to-use advanced shading and lighting control solutions. For more information, visit legrand.us/lighting-controls-building-systems.
Equal Opportunity Employer