Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Fixed Asset Lease Accountant
at LeHigh Hanson
Fixed Asset Lease Accountant
WE GIVE DOWN-TO-EARTH A WHOLE NEW MEANING
You experience our products every day, though you may not recognize our name. That’s OK. We’re focused on being great, not especially flashy.
We’re Lehigh Hanson. Our products build cities and towns, including stadiums that hold thousands of fans, and bridges that support millions of vehicles. We have thousands of employees across hundreds of locations in the U.S. and Canada, making us North America’s leading supplier of cement, aggregates, ready mixed concrete, asphalt and related construction materials.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO
Are you looking for more than the traditional accountant responsibilities? Do you want to join a stable $5 billion Company? If so, this is the perfect opportunity for you. You will be exposed to all levels and departments in the organization and have numerous opportunities for career advancement. Close to 80% of our open positions over the past 12 months were filled with internal promotions.
- Responsible for lease accounting for corporate and operations.
- Analyze and maintain a complete and accurate sub-ledger for portfolio of locations.
- Maintain lease information related to IFRS 16 accounting.
- Review lease & rent expense accounts to ensure invoices are recorded correctly for disclosure reporting.
- Analyze lease & rent expense accounts for new leases qualifying for IFRS 16 accounting treatment.
- Maintain fixed asset sub-ledgers for portfolio of locations including month end closing responsibilities.
- Process fixed asset transactions in JD Edwards and SAP for asset acquisitions, disposals, and transfers.
- Identify process improvement opportunities as it relates to fixed assets.
- Foster excellent customer relationships Regional operating locations.
- Monitor Construction-In-Progress (CIP) to ensure that open CIP projects are capitalized into the asset accounts on a timely basis to prevent out-of-period depreciation.
- Support external/internal Audit requests.
This position will be based at our corporate office in Irving, Texas. Our corporate office supports the Lehigh Hanson plants in North America and offers highly competitive benefits with no waiting period to participate in medical, dental, vision, and life insurance programs. In addition, we offer a 401(k) retirement savings plan with an automatic company contribution as well as matching contributions. Amenities include a free fitness center, free covered parking, and on-site cafe and coffee bar. We also offer “Dress for Your Day” which gives our employees the discretion to select appropriate dress depending on the business activities of each workday.
HERE’S WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- 2 - 5 years accounting experience required.
- Understanding of IFRS Lease accounting fundamentals and principles.
- A proven track record in meeting deadlines, and working collaboratively as part of a team are essential.
- Critical thinking and strong analytical skills.
- Solid Excel skills.
- SAP experience preferred
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills with attention to details.
BRING YOUR HUMBLE OVERACHIEVER ATTITUDE AND LET’S ELEVATE OUR COMPANY EVEN HIGHER!
We’re a tight knit team. While we strive to be the best, we do it with an attitude that is humble, accessible and down-to-earth. We don’t ask you to “fit in” to our culture. We invite you to add to it.
Auto req ID
Line of Business
Corporate Administration (SSC, IT, Employee Services, Etc.)
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Female / Veteran / Disabled