Lennox International (LII)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Solutions Lead Architect- Manufacturing (MES)
at Lennox International (LII)
- Requisition #
- Information Technology
- Shift / Hours
Lennox International (LII) is a leading global provider of innovative climate control solutions for heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration (HVACR) markets.
Beginning over a century ago, Lennox International has built a strong heritage of Innovation and Responsibility. Our position as an innovation leader continually inspires us to promote more efficient energy use and a healthier environment through our product operations. Our engaged and diverse workforce is committed to providing climate control solutions that provide the most value and comfort for our customers.
We are proud to have instilled a shared sense of responsibility and commitment among our approximately 10,000 employees located throughout North America, South America, Europe, Asia, and Australia.
A Business Solutions Lead Architect is a key position that partners with business and IT stakeholders in the organization to create leading edge, well-defined technology plans and solutions that are aligned to Lennox IT and Business Strategy. A background in Shop floor execution system, Quality, Plant Maintenance and Reporting systems is required. As a lead architect, the person in this position is responsible for the innovation, development and implementation of manufacturing technologies.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Requires at least 5 years related experience.
- 8-10 years domain experience preferred.
- Prefer consulting background and experience.
- A background in Factory, Shop floor, Production Planning and Execution, Quality and Machine Maintenance systems is a must have.
- Previous experience as an IT Architect on multiple Manufacturing and Production Planning and Execution projects – must have worked on E2E IT transformation projects using applications listed above
- Experience with key architecture frameworks, patterns and methods
- Broad knowledge of and experience with a wide variety of application technologies, platforms, and tools including web-based systems, databases, middleware/integration technologies, security, and infrastructure.
- Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through
- Problem-solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources, where and when needed, to do what’s right for the customer and for the organization (i.e. think through workarounds, evaluate risk of various deployment options, etc.)
- Strong consulting leading and mentoring skills along with excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to lead projects with an end-to-end view into planning, organization and execution
- Technology design experience
- Provides guidance and support for integration of shop operations and acts as liaison between Product Engineering, Purchasing, Maintenance, Quality Control Departments, Production Control, and Production Management.
- Participates in defining the strategic direction of Engineering.
- Ensure equipment and manufacturing processes are ready and available for meeting customer demands.
- BS in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering required, advanced degree preferred
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation communication skills
- Excellent analytical and technical skills
- High level of motivation, self-starter, excellent at follow-up, team-player with ability to deliver within defined timelines, work under limited supervision and oversight
- Willing to travel periodically based on business need
- Minimum of 10 to 15 years progressive manufacturing technologies / process experience.
- Demonstrated leadership skills driving key business initiatives or metrics
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to drive results through others in a fast-paced, manufacturing environment.
- Ability and understanding of the budget process and control and managing metrics.
- High drive and leadership ability while being a hands-on and willing to “lead form the front” manager
- Technical skills: MES system integration, PLCs, Lean process improvement, statistical root cause analysis
- Domain experience - Heavy Manufacturing and Shop floor Industry, Industrial Machinery, Automotive, Discrete Manufacturing