Level 3 Communications, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Engineer - Sys Integration 2
at Level 3 Communications, inc.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 101802
Systems Engineering position as part of a team that supports the requirements, design, development, test, and integration of complex, specialized hardware/software systems installed on ground and airborne ISR and communication platforms. The System Engineer is expected to:
- Works with physical architectures incorporating voice, video and data capability across multiple security domains
- Performs requirement traceability across multiple disciplines and documents
- Create engineering trade studies
- Create subsystem specifications based on system level requirements
- Review and evaluate electrical wiring diagrams to ensure design details trace to system requirements
- Perform test, integration, verification, and validation planning
- Write effective verification test procedures ensuring system performance and capabilities meet system requirements
- Conduct verification testing of systems
- Prepare effective presentations to communicate technical information to non-technical professionals
- Have excellent written, oral, and presentation communication skills
- Will work with internal and external customers to include subcontractors and US Government Customers
- Will develop, author, and implement software and system test plans in a team environment
- Work both independently and in a team environment
- Work hands-on when testing, integrating, and verifying software and/or hardware
Requires a Bachelor's degree in an appropriate engineering discipline with a minimum of two years' related experience or a combination of education and experience.
Systems Engineering candidates with experience in one or more of the following preferred:
- Experience with the maintenance, repair, and operation of avionics systems.
- Technical knowledge of radar, radar altimeters, RF communications, navigation, and use of global positioning systems.
- Configuration and integration of aircraft radio sets (HF, UHF, VHF), satellite communication systems, or cryptographic equipment (KY-58, KY-100, KG-175D)
- Analog and digital video distribution and interconnecting technologies
- RF distribution systems including RF down-converting, up-converting, transceivers, non-blocking switching, and electrically phase matched distribution architectures
- Antenna receive and transmit characteristics for various antenna types
- Knowledge and ability to perform RF propagation analysis through complex RF distribution and switching systems
- Evaluating expected receiver performance based on modulation scheme, antenna characteristics, distribution architecture, and receiver characteristics
- Aircraft communication system integration and communications ground/ flight test support
- Experience working directly with government/military personnel at government/military facilities
- Experience with Tactical Radios such as PRC 117F, PRC117G, PSC 5, MIDS LVT, ARC 210, EPLRS/SADL radio frequency network
- Experience with radio wave forms such as UHF, VHF, SINCGARS, HAVEQUICK, ANW2, UHF DAMA SATCOM, and SRW
- Experience with Tactical Data Links such as LINK 16, JREAP, SAT J, VMF, CDL/TCDL and CoT
Position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity. We maintain a drug free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks.