Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
The company is an integrated communications agency that has gone from start-up to multi-national in a little over two decades. The company now rank in the top 40 agencies worldwide with 29 offices, 550 employees and revenue of $64m. Its success is due to a combination of factors: talented people delivering award winning campaigns; expanding client relationships into new markets or services; making strategic acquisitions. Its people, agency and campaigns have won many prestigious awards in the last 18 months including Cannes Lions, Holmes Report, ICCO, PRCA.
Central to the growth has been the policy of reinvestment, with the majority of profits returning to the company to propel development. This is possible because the company is independently owned.
What we look for in our people
Agile, bold, collaborative, inquisitive and spirited. These are the values sought in every person at LEWIS. As the company evolves, grows and expands, it wants people who recognise the need to think differently. To understand the full marketing communications mix, even if a specialist in a particular aspect. We want all our people, whether a paid media specialist or media strategist, graphic designer or analytics manager to have an appreciation of the wide and deep capabilities available to clients that work with LEWIS. Our people need to be agile to opportunities; bold in their approach; collaborate with colleagues across different services or offices to deliver amazing work; keep learning and challenging the norm; be spirited and committed to develop themselves, their colleagues and the agency.
Purpose of the role
The Account Director is a senior strategic and creative client-facing position providing leadership to a team of account executives and account managers. This person will work with the senior management team to ensure that their office delivers a creative and forward-thinking client service. They are responsible for meeting client expectations and ensuring the client is kept fully up to date with critical activity on the account. In addition they are responsible for developing that relationship by identifying and selling additional services, thereby impacting revenues and income.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Engages in and ensures a strategic relationship with the client, providing insight and partnership across all aspects of the marketing and communications spectrum
- Responsible for ensuring excellent client communication at all levels; defining KPIs, deadlines and service agreements
- Delivers an added-value consultancy and works closely with clients to deliver campaigns, services and products across traditional and emerging communications channels
- Plays an integral role in the senior management team, ensuring account profitability and optimising the impact of revenues on the business
- Leads the new business process in collaboration with the Business Development Director, making key decisions and playing a crucial role in selling LEWIS credentials throughout the tender process
- Maximises media relations activity on behalf of the client via an in depth knowledge of team networks
- Recognises and creates media opportunities for the client in line with wider industry activity
- Shares their detailed knowledge of the media landscape with team members, operating as a significant contributor in the tech, digital and consumer space
- Utilises their network to create and maximise client coverage, advising on potential narrative, storytelling and thought leadership opportunities
- Maximises their team’s understanding of current affairs by promoting a commitment to understanding the news agenda
- Oversees the creation of high quality and engaging content, providing knowledgeable quality control and guidance to all relevant colleagues
- Works with the client to develop and implement an impactful content strategy
- Works with the Head of Media Services to improve own and others knowledge of content trends, driving a commitment to excellent story-telling across the business
Digital / Social media
- Uses social media to recognise trends and proactively promotes new tools, solutions and processes to continuously evolve and optimise client PR campaigns across the business
- Provides social media insight as well as strategic management of client activity
- Works collaboratively with the Pulse team to increase the utilisation and selling of digital services
Team working and development
- Takes overall leadership responsibility for the account team, including coaching, supervision, assessment and reviews of all team members ?
- Sets strategic team objectives on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis ?
- Defines deliverable client objectives and sets standards of excellence for all client activity, driving commitment from all levels of the team
- Monitors team activity levels against budget, increasing fees and negotiating with clients and suppliers where necessary
- Plays a leading role in the new business process, project managing pitch teams and delivering credible solutions to new business challenges
- Acts as leader in guiding colleagues on how to best manage campaigns and projects
- Acts as a respected line manager, working closely with line reports to maximise strengths, improve weaknesses and support career development
- Works with the Talent team to recruit high calibre candidates into the team and develop and initiate hiring strategy in line with projected organisational requirements
- Work with the HR team to reward, retain and develop the team and resolve any performance issues
Reporting and analysis
- Ensures profitability on all accounts and effectively manages budgets
- Understands and maximises the impact of client revenues on the business
- Communicates account performance internally and provide strategic advice to the client based on measurable analysis
- Monitors and reports on account KPIs and ensure accurate reporting by junior team members
- Provides detailed reports to the Account Director or senior management team on request
- Runs and supports training sessions, with a view to maximising opportunities to expand team skills and grow revenues
- Take a proactive role in promoting the LEWIS brand, its identity, values and work
- Support the HR / talent team by promoting both internal and external opportunities at LEWIS across social media and via the referral scheme
- Overall, be a guardian of best marketing practice
- Highly commercial, with strong strategic client consultancy skills
- Relevant experience of working in a B2B, corporate, consumer or digital communications agency environment at a Senior Account Manager or Account Director level
- Well versed in social media and the integration of digital marketing into the PR landscape
- A track record of retention and the profitable growth of existing accounts
- Considered, assertive and influential; a leader with the aptitude to develop and motivate a team
- Able to provide consultancy on PR requirements as well as broader marketing strategy
- Demonstrable success at securing new business and increasing client revenues