Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Chef - Sous
at Live Nation
Unity in Diversity
Our team members are as diverse as our music venues. With its owned/operated/managed venues, Live Nation Clubs and Theaters, a division of Live Nation Entertainment, is wide-ranging, including the legendary Fillmore venues and the intimate House of Blues clubs throughout the United States. Live Nation Clubs and Theaters is the country’s preeminent group of intimate music venues, featuring superior sound and lighting technology in one-of-a-kind custom-designed environments aimed to bring fans and artists together in unparalleled musical environments.
Our mission is to create a profitable and principled global entertainment company. To celebrate the diversity and brotherhood of world culture. To promote racial and spiritual harmony through love, peace, truth, righteousness and non-violence. Our venues bring fans as close to artists as possible and our aim is to create teams that are just as close.
The Sous Chef is responsible for management of food and food related costs, procedures, quality and back of house labor and budgets.
What You’ll Do:
I. Financial Performance of Departments
- Meet or exceed budgetary expectation
- Manage and control food, beverage and labor costs
- Manage operating accounts
- Monitor, control and maintain inventory bi-weekly
- Develop menu engineering program to project and monitor trends and predict cost
II. Supervision of the Department
- Assist and support kitchen management in any of their job functions as needed
- Work with Executive Chef to schedule shifts for kitchen staff
- Ensure that no unapproved overtime occurs on shift
- Check labor daily in Labor Management system
- Perform all opening and closing kitchen supervisory tasks
- Ensure positive and creative team environment within department
- Facilitate open communication with the Sous Chefs, supervisors and staff
- Facilitate proper inter-departmental communications and organization
- Conduct timely staff evaluations (training and annual). Set written development and performance goals for all team members and monitor progress
- Provide complete and satisfactory on-going staff training per corporate training program
- Maintain appropriate staffing levels. Recruit and hire staff/supervisors; ensure that hiring/disciplinary/termination standards are in accordance with House of Blues guidelines
- Uphold open door policy and develop strong professional relationships with staff members
- Make fact-based decisions and follow up on action items and issues in a timely and efficient manner
- Gather, share and utilize information appropriately to improve business.
- Ensure adherence to safety guidelines
- Properly execute all corporate mandates, SOP’s and specifications
- Participate in weekly Kitchen Manager’s meeting
III. Building Sales
- Work with Executive Chef and Corporate Food and Beverage to develop cost effective specials and menu changes to achieve maximum sales
- Assist Executive Chef with bi-annual restaurant new menu rollout
- Create menu contests with Executive Chef to increase sales in designated areas
- Ensure food quality is considered excellent value and increases guest visit frequency
- Assist and support kitchen staff in any of their job functions as needed
- Participate in fundraising events and community appearances to increase House of Blues awareness
IV. Maintain Operation Supplies
- Ensure staff has supplies needed to facilitate job
- Provide equipment training to all staff upon hiring
- Manage and maintain all equipment in operable condition
- Organize and plan all events in accordance with House of Blues specifications
- Maintain housekeeping standards that are compliant with inspection guidelines and Local Health Code
- Update House of Blues specification forms to ensure information is correct and consistent
V. Maintenance and Update of Micros and Labor Systems
- Enter new employees in database, ensuring job class and wage information is correct; prior to any work performed.
- Maintain all files submit any changes to Corporate Food and Beverage
- Ensure menu item count data is current and maintained weekly
- Meet food standards in accordance with House of Blues specification. Obtain approval from Corporate Food & Beverage team on any changes
- Monitor food portions and recommend any revisions to Food and Beverage
- Quarterly new menu recommendations for menu addition consideration by Food & Beverage team
- Report guest and crew feedback and resolve any issues
- Ensure 100% menu adherence
What You’ll Need:
- Minimum 3 years of kitchen management and leadership experience
- Skilled in cooking, cost controls, management, crew training and development
- Working knowledge of Kitchen and dishwashing procedures
- Knowledge of Food and Beverage, labor and product costs
- Computer savvy: Working knowledge of Excel worksheets, databases, word processing, and Micros
- Ability to run all kitchen operations
- Knowledge of operations and procedures of a multi-faceted entertainment facility
- College degree
- Able to lift at least 50 lbs. and stand for long periods of time (10 – 12 hours)
- Tolerant of extreme heat
- Thrive working in a fast-paced and loud environment
If the above description sounds like you and fits your background, apply online at http://www.livenation.com/careers/index.html to join the Live Nation Entertainment team today!
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Recognized two years in a row by Great Place to Work®, Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. From ground-breaking software to support our world-class platform Ticketmaster, to our mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, to our unparalleled roster of artists supported by diverse professionals in all facets of corporate operations, we offer a world of opportunity and an array of careers across every discipline.
We recognize that our most important assets are our employees, the rock stars who keep the live experience going. Generous vacation, healthcare, and retirement benefits are just some of the great perks we offer to support our full-time, global workforce of more than 21,000. For any stage in your career, our many unique benefit programs are designed to help you live life to the fullest. We offer student loan repayment to support recent grads, six months of paid caregiver leave to support new parents (plus a baby bonus to help with expenses), and tuition reimbursement to fuel your ongoing professional development and career growth. Plus, working for the world's largest live event and ticketing company means you'll have access to concerts, festivals, sports games, and other live events through our exclusive employee ticket concierge.
There is no bigger stage for your career. See what your future looks like at Live Nation Entertainment.