Marriott International Incorporated
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Claims Adjuster, General Liability
at Marriott International Incorporated
Job Number 190014DC
Job Category Finance and Accounting
Location Southcentral Regional Office, 2701 Dallas Pkwy Suite 420, Plano, Texas, United States VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
A Senior Claims Adjuster is responsible for the timely, good faith adjustment and disposition of self-administered casualty claims in multiple jurisdictions. Responsibility extends to all aspects and phases of investigations, evaluations, negotiations and settlements/denials of the following claims: workers’ compensation, auto liability, no-fault uninsured motorist and general liability.
SCOPE/BUSINESS CONTEXT/EXPECTED CONTRIBUTIONS
- Manage 100 -150 casualty claims on assignment.
- Acceptable caseloads vary based on the jurisdiction(s), mix and complexity of Worker’s Compensation and General Liability cases as determined by Claims Supervisor.
Describe in bullet format, the operational challenges and business issues that the individual in the position will face now and/or in the future. Complex jurisdictional issues? Complex customer situations? Aggressive office goals?
- Investigate, evaluate and dispose of claims promptly – taking statements as necessary to determine liability/compensability.
- Evaluate damages and pay benefits as prescribed by law and/or Marriott policies and procedures.
- Secure necessary documentation to facilitate timely loss adjustment and maintain primary responsibility for settlement decisions up to individual authority.
- Complete and monitor timely WC payments/state filings.
- Monitor and actively manage WC medical treatment with the goal of minimizing disability. Consult Occupational Health Services as necessary.
- Manage litigation cases including controlling/directing outside attorneys, assisting in discovery/trial preparation and strategy.
- Evaluate claims for potential third party or subrogation recovery.
- Participate in and/or facilitate Service Call Program and complete required Service Call reports detailing current case status.
- Manage increased settlement authority, beyond that of a Claims Adjuster II.
- Self-manage select cases as directed by immediate supervisor.
- Administer claims of a more complex/high exposure nature.
- Assume supervisory responsibilities in unit supervisor’s absence.
- Actively participate in regularly scheduled unit meetings and department meetings.
- Assist in staff training.
- Comply with Marriott Casualty Claims Policy and Procedure Manual requirements.
- Comply with Marriott’s Corporate Policy Manual as well as office policy and work rules
- Effectively utilize the Valley Oaks System (VOS) to manage all claims electronically.
- Enter action plan notes/website notes into VOS.
- Work toward and achieve claim’s production objectives agreed upon by the office.
- Oversee duties and responsibilities of Unit MO Claims Rep. as directed by unit supervisor.
- Participate in activities that foster teamwork and continuous quality improvement.
- Minimum of 2 ½ years claims adjusting experience.
- Exhibit leadership, management and teamwork skills.
- Ability to meet quality and production standards.
- Ability to grasp and apply technical knowledge, including litigation case management and adjusting skills.
- Effective reasoning and decision-making skills.
- Effective influence skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Strong organization skills.
- Exceptional time-management skills.
- Strong hospitality skills.
- Ability to prioritize work.
- Ability to meet deadlines and follow up in a timely manner.
- Good communication skills (verbal, listening, writing), including the ability to deliver difficult messages to customers and/or claimants.
- Good investigation skills.
- Advanced knowledge of claims process.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to work well in a team, providing assistance to fellow associates and representing the mission of the unit, department or region.
- Possess a willingness to accept and respond positively to constructive criticism.
- Present oneself with a positive, professional demeanor.
- Communicate often with supervisor keeping him/her informed.
- Show dependability.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Two or four year degree from an accredited college/business/technical school preferred.
- Applicable industry licensing.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.