MasTec Network Solutions
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Regional Employee Relations Manager
at MasTec Network Solutions
Reporting to the Sr. Manager of Employee Relations, this position provides overall employee relations support to multiple locations. Responsible for building effective partnerships with operations leaders and providing guidance regarding employee relations. Day to day functions include: interpretation and administration of company policies, programs & special projects development of location's leaders assessing, evaluating & analyzing site compliance to policies, procedures and government regulations assisting locations with plans to resolve any compliance deficiencies. Supports HR's initiative in providing timely customer service to all client groups.
- Provides coaching, training, and counseling pertaining to various aspects of human resources (e.g., performance improvement, sexual harassment, discrimination, diversity, legal/employment issues,
- Educates management and employees regarding corrective actions, moves and terminations to ensure complete documentation and compliance with company guidelines.
- Monitors effectiveness of human resources programs with an eye on continuous improvements by traveling regularly to assigned regional locations and partnering with management.
- Investigates complaints and employee relations issues and ensures findings are documented and recommendations on remedial actions are made to management, as required.
- Ensures all terminations for cause are reviewed and approved.
Create spreadsheets involving mid level complexity in ashort time period. Ability to analyze and draw conclusions from data andpresent data in a cogent and simple manner to leadership with recommendations.
- Works with Corporate HR and Legal to gather data/information relevant to employment and discrimination claims, charges, or cases to facilitate prompt resolution.
- Coordinates the responses to unemployment claims, ensuring documentation/response is correct, complete, and timely to protect company's interests.
- Responds to human resources related questions and issues from management and employees to ensure accurate and consistent interpretation and application of policies and procedures and to maintain compliance with employment law and regulations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business Management or a related field PHR certification preferred.
- Minimum of four (4) years ongoing human resources experience required, including experience working with all levels of staff including Exempt and Non-Exempt, union and non-union.
- Ability to travel by air/car, up to 50% of time.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) fluency is preferred.
- Ability to handle confidential, sensitive and critical issues.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines while managing internal customer expectations and resetting accordingly.
- Critical thinking skills with a solid ability to think strategically and problem solve.
- Organizational and planning skills attention to detail productive without compromising quality.
- Ability to provide top notch customer service to field levelmanagement
- Interpersonal and written/oral communication skills with the ability to relate well and cooperate with others to effectively coordinate activities, conversations and accomplish goals.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and establish and maintain credibility and interpersonal relationships with diverse group of individuals (e.g., business leaders, colleagues, staff at all levels).
- Ability to collaborate effectively with others, implementing HR employee relations and development processes, strategies and programs.
- Knowledge of HR disciplines and employment law, including benefits, payroll, recruiting, performance management, coaching, training and development, and administration.
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and email software (preferably Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet).
Ability to quickly work with complex spreadsheets to analyzedata.
Ability to work with data to draw conclusions, makerecommendations and present to leadership in a cogent manner.
- Ability to conduct complete, objective investigations and document findings.
- Knowledge of contracts, contract terminology and legal documents, to interpret information.
- Knowledge of operations management.
MasTec Advanced Technologies Employee Benefit Synopsis
In life, having the right benefits makes all the difference. We do our best to make sure you're covered when it comes to your personal and professional needs. You work hard, and you should be equally rewarded. It's key to enjoying what you do each day. From installers to corporate positions to customer service professionals, we provide a wide range of training, benefits and personal development that encourages success.
Essential Company Benefits:
- Health, Vision & Dental Plans
- Life & Supplemental Life Insurance
- Short & Long-term Disability
- Vacation & Holiday Pay
- Employee Assistance Program
- This position offers car allowance, gas card, laptop and cell.
Exclusive Company Perks:
- Employee Referral Bonuses
- Stock Purchase Plan (discounted)
- Discounted Mobile Phone Services, Hotels, Dell Computers, and Personal Vehicle Purchases
MasTec, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also MasTec's policy to comply with all applicable state, federal and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.