|What we’re looking for|
TFS Offers & Pre-sales team is looking for a highly-motivated, software engineer versed in Java and front-end (HTML5/JS/CSS) development.
The engineer will help develop a number of microservices to facilitate certain business functions at Toyota Financial Service (TFS), such as pricing, promotions, consumer education, analytics, and so forth.
What you’ll be doing
What you bring
- Working within a small, autonomous team to design and develop certain business capabilities as microservices; these capabilities are currently in the domain of facilitating the car-shopping experience, such as payment estimation, deal recommendations, etc.
- Developing full-stack applications, endowed with interactive, mobile-responsive interfaces (both consumer-facing, and administrative screens), performant interfaces (e.g. REST/RPC), business logic (i.e. algorithmic design), and persistence models.
- Working in a high-caliber team to craft a software-development approach that accelerates concept-to-market velocity, with an ever-increasing level of quality.
- Knack for solving hard software design problems. This includes devising algorithms, designing frameworks, and pioneering new approaches.
- Passion for software design. More than experience with certain technologies, we value a hobbyist’s love for the art of software creation and abstract software concepts.
- Experience in Java. At the very least, proficiency with concurrency, collections and at least one framework (preferably Spring or OSGi).
- Experience with git, gradle/maven/ant, linux+bash.
- Nice-to-have: experience with test-automation and CI/CD tools.
- Nice-to-have: understanding of networking (load balancers, reverse-proxies, cloud), security (crypto, firewalls) or user-experience design.