Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Pharmacy Manager (PIC) North TX Area Community Health Center Pharmacy
JOB DESCRIPTION: PHARMACY MANAGER
REPORTS TO: Regional VP, Operations
SUPERVISES: Staff Pharmacists, Pharmacy Technicians
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
Education: Graduate of an accredited college of pharmacy. PharmD is preferred. Licensed to practice pharmacy in the state of employment. An Active/Unrestricted Texas Pharmacist license is required.
Experience: Three years retail pharmacy experience. One-year managerial experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of best practices in field.
- Comprehensive knowledge of pharmaceuticals, their indications, interactions, and potential side effects.
- Skill in the development of drug therapies.
- Knowledge of relevant accreditation and certification requirements.
- Ability to establish goals, structures, and processes necessary to implement a mission and strategic vision.
- Leadership, coaching, and teambuilding skills, to strengthen and cultivate relationships.
- Strategic and analytical thinking skills with an ability to solve problems and make decisions.
- Ability to network and interact, as well as support effective partnerships with key groups and individuals.
- Ability to prioritize ongoing and new projects, as well as conduct research and gather information.
- Consultation and change management skills.
- Verbal/written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Bilingual Spanish is highly preferred.
Directs and coordinates all pharmacy activities, including clinical services, performance improvement, dispensing, and the purchasing, receipt and storage of pharmaceuticals. Collaborates with upper level management in order to ensure the deliverance of high quality pharmacy services and safe, effective, and appropriate medication treatment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (This document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position):
- Ensure the pharmacy provides optimal service, meets legal and accreditation/certification requirements, and complies with all policies and standards of Maxor National Pharmacy Services Corporation.
- Maintain daily operation of pharmacy department by supervising pharmacists and pharmacy technicians in the routine performance of their duties.
- Ensure the pharmacy is adequately staffed during all hours of operation.
- Schedule pharmacy staff for routine, weekend, holiday, and on-call hours.
- Provide appropriate technical and customer service training for pharmacy staff.
- Review and update established drug-therapy guidelines and other policies and procedures for use by physicians, nurses, and pharmacists.
- Provide drug information to meet the needs of physicians and nurses through direct contact or in-service programs.
- Prepare various reports and maintain records or supervise the maintenance of records as required or requested by the Regional Vice President.
- Maintain current knowledge of drug therapies and drug reactions and interactions by reading professional literature, attending seminars and utilizing professional affiliations.
- Maintain patient medication records.
- Monitor drug therapy for contraindications, interactions, allergies, and appropriateness.
- Provide patient information and counseling.
- Interpret and fill drug orders.
- Compound, prepare I.V. admixtures (if applicable), and dispense prescriptions.
- Participate in inventory control programs such as ordering, inventorying, and monitoring as required by the Regional Vice President.
- Work Inventory Reports to maintain inventory and turns.
- Participate in activities resolving unsafe and unsanitary practices.
- Attend and participate in other programs, committees, meetings, and functions required by the pharmacy department.
- Contact and confer with physicians regarding questions or irregularities on prescriptions.
- Maintain inventory and records of controlled drugs and other drugs as required by law.
- Ensure the delivery of positive customer service and follow up on customer complaints.
- Work cooperatively with other staff members to enhance the team concept.
- Participate in the development and implementation of the Performance Improvement Program.
- Maintain regular performance in accordance with established policies.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
NTACHC offers a full range of quality family-oriented comprehensive primary and preventive services, including Family Medicine, Pediatrics, OB-GYN, family planning services, prenatal care, behavioral care services (depression and anxiety counseling) and health education promotion and disease prevention services.The clinic is designated a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) and the pharmacy is managed by Maxor National Pharmacy Services, headquartered in Amarillo, TX
Why Should You Choose Maxor?
Maxor offers a culture that promotes teamwork and where employees are valued as the Company’s best asset. We work hard, but we make sure to have fun along the way, too. Competitive salary, plus a great benefits package are available including:
- $750 individual, annual medical deductible
- $25 office visit copays;
- Low biweekly premiums;
- Company paid basic life/AD&D and Long-term disability insurance;
- Rx, dental, vision, short-term disability, and FSA
- Employer-matched 401k Plan;
- And more!
For immediate consideration, please apply on line at https://www.maxor.com/about/careers
Maxor is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vets/Disability