Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
District Manager (Dallas)
at Mazda USA
- Job ID
- Region Sales
- Travel Required
Mazda was founded in 1920 in Hiroshima, Japan. We are a multi-national company that embraces and celebrates multicultural environments. We are rebels in the automotive space which is part of our DNA that we call the Challenger Spirit. We put our customers first and offer a unique customer experience. Mazda’s products combine technology, design, and the joy of driving pleasure.
Find Out More:
About Mazda: https://insidemazda.mazdausa.com/
Mazda Benefits: https://www.mazdausa.com/site/careers
District Managers serve as direct interface between MNAO and the dealers. District Managers have direct responsibility for consulting dealers to grow & improve revenue, market share, owner loyalty, sales volume, marketing presence and execution of programs in accordance with Mazda Brand Value Management philosophies.
- Marketing - Understanding of our fundamental approach and assurance that dealer’s plans are aligned with MNAO. Set expectations, make recommendations and guide dealers with the utilization of our marketing assets and tools. Ensure compliance, effectiveness and full utilization of co-op marketing funds.
- Assist in the development and execution of dealership marketing messages and in dealer merchandising inclusive of execution of marketing messages across multiple platforms including digital/SEM/social.
- Market Analysis - Interpret provided data/analytics to develop plans to aid dealers with their specific trends, issues and opportunities based on insightful analysis.
- Sales Plans - Ensure dealer execution of integrated Model Line specific sales plans.
- Training - Facilitate Product and Process training in support of model line specific sales plans
- Annual Business Planning - Alignment of Dealer Plans with MNAO expectations as it relates to Market Share, Loyalty and program throughput to optimize profit potential. Conduct quarterly meetings with Dealer Principal and management team.
- Facility Programs - Support the network improvement strategy to increase Retail Evolution program execution
- Customer Experience - drive Customer Experience improvements commensurate with Mazda Premium and exceeding expectations of Mazda target customer, with focus on a retention based business model
- Improve profitability thru better utilization of revenue generating programs; Including MBEP 2.0, CPO, Co-Op, Customer Experience and Equity Mining
- Improved Retention & Loyalty - Improve sales and service profitability thru a sustainable business model based on a foundation built on loyalty. Implement and execute dealer specific return to market plans
- Review available reports and results regularly in preparation to make recommendations while visiting dealers each week.
- Assist dealer in being compliant with MNAO policies
- Direct dealers to resources for the resolution of concerns including but not limited to: inventory/logistic issues, incentive payments, Mazda programs, vendor and supplier issues, etc.
- Documentation of Contacts - The Dealer Business Contact System must be utilized for the documentation of regular, timely dealer contact reports.
- Other region - specific duties as assigned by management
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, automotive technology, marketing, or related discipline preferred (or equivalent work experience)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience:
- 2 or more years’ experience in a process improvement or consulting capacity strongly desired
- 2 plus years’ overall work experience
- 3 plus years in a demonstrated Leadership role
- Training in consulting, coaching, influencing, or negotiation strongly desired
- Certification in any of the above is a plus
- Valid Driver's License for state of residence (required)
- Ability to plan, organize, and manage assigned district
- Strong business acumen in dealership operations
- Some knowledge of automotive technology
- Sales methods, principles and techniques
- Knowledge of accounting and finance related to analyzing and interpreting financial statements and market analyses required
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with dealers, staff and senior management
- Computer knowledge including spreadsheet and internet applications
- Ability to travel daily (required)