Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at McGrath RentCorp
TX- Grand Prairie
Mobile Modular Management Corp.
Mobile Modular Management Corp. - Inventory Center and Warehouse
# of Openings:
Founded in 1979, McGrath RentCorp is a diversified business to business rental company that rents and sells relocatable modular buildings, storage containers, electronic test equipment, and liquid and solid containment tanks and boxes. We operate through five divisions: Mobile Modular, Mobile Modular Portable Storage, TRS-RenTelco, Adler Tanks, and Enviroplex.
McGrath RentCorp is headquartered in Livermore, CA with branch offices located throughout North America. We are traded on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the symbol "MGRC."
For more information about McGrath RentCorp and our operating units, visit www.mgrc.com
Mobile Modular , a division of McGrath RentCorp, is a national leader in the rental of commercial modular buildings. Our products serve a wide variety of industries including education, construction, residential development, general industry, government, and transportation. The Company is well established with an excellent reputation and long track record of success. The culture is highly service oriented and has allowed successful penetration into new locations in recent years. The team is dedicated, committed, and will only accept the very best to join the ranks!
Position Summary: Loads and unloads material within a warehouse or storage facility. Utilizes hand trucks, forklifts, hoists, conveyors, or other handling equipment to move material to and from trucks and within or to the main storage facility and satellite facilities. Receives, unpacks, checks, and stores merchandise or materials. Fills requisitions and orders. Packs, crates, and ships products and materials to distribution center, departments, or assembly line. May operate forklift. May operate a company vehicle up to 50 miles to remote facilities to pick up supplies as needed.
Duties/Responsibilities of Position:
- Receives and enters materials into warehouse supply system
- Maintains and executes materials management programs as designed within the warehouse
- Documents and maintains inventory and ensures production area organization and cleanliness
- Works closely with the purchasing agent to track and organize equipment and material
- Keeps the warehouse area organized and clean. Takes out trash and transports cardboard boxes to card board compactor for recycling.
- Operates fork-lifts to receive shipments or materials or equipment, stack and retrieve supplies and materials
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job
- May be required to operate a company vehicle to retrieve will-call stock from local suppliers
- Other duties as assigned
Position Specific Competencies/Skills Required:
- Able to work both indoors and outdoors in variable weather conditions, work environment may not be heated or air-conditioned
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office, especially with proficiency with EXCEL spreadsheets
- Ability to read and follow spoken and written instruction and make independent decisions appropriate for data and circumstances
- Bi-lingual with fluency in spoken Spanish and English preferred
- Ability to know and follow all proper safety protocols and procedures and safely perform all tasks
- Ability to manage time, adhere to schedules and maintain work pace
- Ability to follow sequencing or order directions for successful completion of task
- Ability to communicate with and/or listen to and/or signals people to convey or exchange information, including giving/receiving directions
- Prior experience in related work required
- Possess and maintain current certification in the operations of required forklift or powered industrial truck and related equipment; may require valid driver’s license with clean driving record as verified by DMV
- Position requires manual dexterity and the ability to maintain physical activity for most of the day
- Uses up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects, exerts physical force of 10 to 25 pounds frequently, occasionally exerts 20 to 50 pounds of force
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and hold or lift a variety of objects
- Must be able to work without sitting for long periods of time. Walking throughout warehouse and satellite storage areas
- Must be able to lift a wide variety of materials such as boxes of nails, windows, doors, etc. using handling techniques suchs as seizing, holding, grasping all manner of materials.
- Must be able to grasp and turn steering wheels for trucks and forklifts. Able to grasp tools such as hammers, tin-snips, pliers, wire cutters and other hand tools.
- Must be able to reach to place and remove products and pull or push arm-trucks, dollies, carts and pallet jacks.
- Must be able to read labels on products, supplies, or materials written in English and see all materials and locations in warehouse and satellite facilities. Must be able to see moving vehicles and avoid the same per safety regulations.
- Must be able to hear other vehicles, forklifts, vehicles horns and other warning signals. Able to carry, bend, stoop, turn, kneel, crawl, climb a ladder and other manual labor activities
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability